Official GIGABYTE Forum

Re: I've just built my PC and it won't BOOT!

ttyytt

« on: January 13, 2012, 12:14:23 am »
OK, I am wondering if my power supply is adequate for my mother board.  I turn on the machine and if i hold down DELETE I get the  Touch Bios screen for a second but it won't stay there.  It goes immediately to Loading Operating System.... and then it just sits there.  It doesn't read cd/dvd etc. 

I have a GAZ68XP-UD5 with an Antec CP-850 850 Watt CPX Power Supply Unit.  Here is a link to the complete list that I built my computer with:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/247SZKO9DYV3X?ie=UTF8&filter=all&x=6&sort=universal-price-desc&layout=standard&y=13&reveal=all

Is this power supply adequate?  Anyone got any ideas what my problem might be?

Aussie Allan

• A yoyo uses all three fundermental laws of phisics
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 11:30:19 am »

Welcome ttwtt ;)

As a quick answer ... Yes! ..... but now to go back ..... It sounds to be a new build ......YES/NO and you need to let us know what you have connected and to where .....

Remove all extra drives and toys so you have just the basics .... OS drive , memory , CPU , GPU , PSU .... you get the picture .... make sure the SSD goes on the Intel controller

Now press the "Reset Bios" with no power to the machine (unplugged)...

Connect power and try again to get into the Bios screen ...... now hit the "Optimized Defaults" tab....save and reboot .....go back into Bios and setup you system with the minimum list of hardware ...... make sure you go down the ACHI path ..... now save and reboot again and try to load the OS.

If you can get it to this stage and the OS takes .... start loading your other toys one piece at a time between boots.....

Post back with how you get on if at all ....

i7-4790K @4.8GHz 24/7 water clock
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage
C: Evo 970 Pro 512gb
Scratch:Evo 970 Plus 512gb

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
Re: Re: I've just built my PC and it won't BOOT!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 01:23:08 pm »
It's kind of old, hopefully he resolved this issue already!   If not, I really hope he replies back quickly so we can help! :D