Official GIGABYTE Forum

M8000X freezes/hangs when changing button functions in GHOST

M8000X freezes/hangs when changing button functions in GHOST
« on: February 22, 2012, 09:52:51 pm »
Hello. This is my first post on these forums, and I'm having a bit of a problem when changing the controls for the macro buttons on the mouse. It seems that whenever I change the functions of a button (any one in fact) the mouse freezes, and doesn't respond until I remove the USB and plug it in again. I have tried using the latest software (1.04) from the gigabyte support/downloads section, and I'm still having the same problem.

e.g: Select for "Thumb Button 1" to (instead of Browser Forward) change that to "Double click", the mouse freezes/Hangs? ??? and the RGB LED on the top of the mouse also stops flashing, and stays lit. I have waited for approximately 10 mins for it to respond, but I resorted to unplugging it. It has the settings I set for it to do after I unplug/plug it in again, but it's a process I don't want to keep on having to do.

System specs:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
GA-890GPA-UD3H
XFX 6870 1GB
4Gb Hyundai Electronics RAM
XFX PRO XXX 850W PSU

Any help appreciated. :)

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: M8000X freezes/hangs when changing button functions in GHOST
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:46:37 am »
Hi and welcome.

The first obvious question is does it have the same effect when you try the same thing in other games ?

If it doesn't  then the game is to blame and maybe a patch or something might be released to deal with it. If it does the same over any games then I would suggest flashing the motherboards BIOS to the latest one using QFlash not @BIOS. Also check to see if there is a firmware update for the mouse available.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 08:09:32 pm »
It only happens when changing the mouse controls in the ghost software. I've got the latest motherboard bios, and also got the latest mouse drivers/software, and for some reason, the mouse is supposedly using the Microsoft mouse drivers? I've uninstalled the mouse via device manager, and it shows again, using windows mouse drivers? Shouldnt it require gigabyte drivers seen as it's got to support the onboard memory and the other buttons?

Thanks for your reply.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:03:17 pm »
This isn't problem with any game but with the GHOST software for this mouse. Mouse freezes when you try to change button configuration in software and you have to unplug the mouse then plug it again to start working. I tried every version of software from 1.0 to 1.04, flash and non-flash versions and there is always the same problem.

Raziel

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 04:49:51 pm »
Hello, i have the same exact problem,
everytime i try to make changes to the controls or macros the mouse just freezes, replug it so i can use it again...this is really annoying bug,
 i hope there'll be some kind of an update to fix it or something.

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 11:17:21 pm »
Report this problem to Gigabyte GGTS - http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw
I wrote to them already, but they only suggest to contact supplier. Maybe if there will be more reports of this problem they will release fixed software/firmware.

Raziel

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 04:48:33 pm »
I wrote to them and this is what they suggested: About the issue you mentioned, we suggest you uninstall utility for your product, and then see if it works properly. If yes, please install the utility and set again. If it doesn't work properly after utility setting, please remove your product and connect again, then repeat the steps above.

If problem still happens, it seems there is some problem your product, we suggest you contact your supplier for more help. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I belives that's what we were trying all long  :-\, anyway i gave it today to my supplier and he'll check it, i guess i'll get it replaced...Thx again for your efforts Maxell35.

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 02:33:58 pm »
Hello,

the liftoff problem on my m8000x seems to be solved.
What i did :
=> assign PTP function to a mouse button
=> click this button => the mouse freeze (only X and Y moves)
=> unplug the mouse + plug
=> HOLD the profil button for 5 seconds as indicated here :
http://www.gigabyte.fr/support-downloads/faq-page.aspx?fid=1834&pid=3314

I've not yet restart the computer to see if i have the same problem as you, i'll tell you it ASAP.
Did anyone know exactly what this action (hold profile button) do ??

Regards