Official GIGABYTE Forum

ga-ma790fx-ds5 will not post.

John

ga-ma790fx-ds5 will not post.
« on: November 09, 2009, 06:50:23 pm »
 ??? I have been trying to build my new computer from scratch but I am having a problem getting It to post. the system consists of, GA-MA790fx-ds5 board, 650w power supply, Athlon 64x2 4400+ CPU, nvida 9500GT vidio card,1TB svga2 hdd, 4GB 800mhz ram, coolmaster mars cpu cooler,enclosed in Galaxy 3 case. Please can someone try and point me in the right direction. Thank you... ::)

R_N_B

Re: ga-ma790fx-ds5 will not post.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 07:43:51 pm »
Mate can you give a bit more details as to what is not happening. Do you get anything on your screen at all when you power up? At what point does the power up process stop? Stuff like that will help someone offer a solution.  ;)

John

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 01:08:56 pm »
 Reguarding start up, turned on, lights up, fans running on cpu, graphics card & case, cd rom works, nothing on monitor. Every wire has been checked for connections, still nothing on screen. John :P

John

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 09:43:32 am »
??? I have been trying to build my new computer from scratch but I am having a problem getting It to post. the system consists of, GA-MA790fx-ds5 board, 650w power supply, Athlon 64x2 4400+ CPU, nvida 9500GT vidio card,1TB svga2 hdd, 4GB 800mhz ram, coolmaster mars cpu cooler,enclosed in Galaxy 3 case. Please can someone try and point me in the right direction. Thank you... ::)
Reguarding start up, turned on, lights up, fans running on cpu, graphics card & case, cd rom runs, still nothing on plug & play monitor, wiring has been checked for connections, still nothing on monitor, but system still runs waiting to post I think?

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 09:46:29 am »
Have you got anyway to check the graphics card in another machine? Have you tried running each memory stick individualy + running memtest? Sounds to me like a RAM/GPU issue.
There's no place like ::1

R_N_B

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 02:10:29 pm »
Ok so basically you have a motheboard that shows you all the signs that it should be working but does not. I agree with oggmonster, if possible see if you can swap out your current graphic card with a mates and see if that helps.

I am assuming that this is a new board and not a second hand one. If second hand make sure the cmos clear jumpers are set to default and not to clear cmos.  Check your manual for where an how to do that. Often people will clear cmos when selling a motherboard to remove their over clock. But sometimes they forget to set the jumbers back to default. A motherboard is not happy to boot if clear cmos is set on the jumpers.

John

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 02:53:42 pm »
 Thank you both for your suggestions, I will try all and let you know, You were quite right the board was second hand I am sorry not to have said. Thank you both again. :-[

John

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 02:34:14 pm »
 :( I have tried your suggestions out, to no avail, It will still not post, I dream of hearing any beeps good or bad, but none is heard. Is there anything else I can try please! Thank you both. John.

Pottypete

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 03:11:54 pm »
Hi,
Is the cpu secondhand? (Athlon 64x2 4400+ CPU)
Is it working, can you test in another pc,
This could cause the no boot without any beeps at all,
cheers

John

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 11:47:51 am »
:( I have tried your suggestions out, to no avail, It will still not post, I dream of hearing any beeps good or bad, but none is heard. Is there anything else I can try please! Thank you both. John.
Thank you Pottypete, But the only way I can try this out is to buy another cpu, Because my other computer is Intel based, and all my friends systems are the same. The cpu was new bought from the U.S. some time ago, so alas I feel out of warenty I feel. Thank you any way, I will buy new any suggestions what one. John.

Pottypete

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 01:10:36 pm »
Hi, john
There is a warranty for 3 years with gigabyte for these mobo's, If you want to make sure it's not the mobo at fault raise an RMA will cost you about a tenner for P/P, unless you know of a little repair shop that could test it for you,
If you think it is the cpu ask them to check it out too!,
If you want to fit another cpu here is the list of supported CPU'S with the relevant bios required for your mobo,
 http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2694#anchor_os
The choice is up to you m8,
Regards