my setup

gigabtye GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard
intnet i7 2600
black widow pc gaming 850 watt power supply
2x 4gb sticks of memory running at 1333
sata 1 harddrive
sata 1 disk drive
GTX 560I video card

problems im having are when starting the computer up the screen in black no screnn also my usb mouse and keybaord isnt working aswell any help would be awesome thanks

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
Re: help with GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 06:30:29 am »
What BIOS are you using?   Please update to the latest BIOS using Qflash or DOS, then once you have updated enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults, then save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS.   Once you are in the BIOS again set your SATA settings back to what you need for windows to load, then set memory voltage and any other changes you need, then save/apply/reboot to windows.  Once in windows shut down, and follow the link below to flash your backup BIOS to match your main BIOS.
http://gigabytedaily.blogspot.com/2011/02/video-guide-how-to-update-your-backup.html

To do that you may need to use a PS/2 keyboard, or USB to PS/2 adapter, this is probably the case for you since you mention already having keyboard issues.   Don't give up, if you keep getting the boot menu instead try again.   Try the other ALT key, or try holding ALT until you see the CPU and memory info, the while still holding start pressing F12 right when you see that first screen

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 05:00:40 pm »
all it says is touch bios

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 05:29:02 pm »
well the big problem is that no screen is showing when the computer is turned on so there for fans video card everything is running in the case butt no display is up

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 06:27:17 am »
Can you enter the BIOS, or windows?   I see you say no screen shows, but where are you seeing Touch BIOS, on the box maybe?

Touch BIOS is an application, not the BIOS version.  If you cannot get the system to boot at all, please try to clear the CMOS, then try with only one stick of memory, try both one at a time.   If you have or can borrow other memory try that as well.   Be sure you have your monitor set to how you connect the cable, HDMI, VGA, ect.

Also, connect a case speaker to the motherboard and tell us if you hear any error beeps.   Please also try to use a PS/2 keyboard until you can sort out these issues, if you do not have one try to find a USB to PS/2 adapter to use instead.

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 02:40:55 am »
thanks for your help i fixed my issue first off i took the motherboard out of the case had 1 stick of memory in and my processor/fan in plug into the 24pin and 4 pin connector then uses a small flat head screw driver touched the 2 pins where you plug in the power bottom on BINGO went into the bios screen so i pluged everything in one at a time starting with case led lights/ reset and power then hard drive ect all booted into the bois the problem i had was that i had a short in the case somewhere. Well the gold pins you put into the case so you can screw the screws in place i had 3 that was under the motherboards sauter cuaseing the short im just glad i located it in time no damge to the board butt that was the issue thought i would bring it up maybe some people are over looking this also

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 08:11:39 pm »
Actually quite a common problem especially when the not so experienced are putting together a PC. Extra motherboard standoffs are an easy mistake to make. Glad you managed to find it anyway. ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 09:56:36 am »
Great to hear you found the cause of these problems, and it's nice to see nothing was damaged!

Post back anytime if you need more help with anything!