Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-880GM-USB3 Mobo Rev:3.1 BiosVer:FE Bios issues & Problems

GA-880GM-USB3 Mobo Rev:3.1 BiosVer:FE Bios issues & Problems
« on: March 13, 2012, 03:51:22 pm »
Hoping somebody can help.

I have built many a computer using the gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 Mobo without issues until now.  I always update bios on a new build and install the latest drivers downloaded from gigabyte.  I always use the same AM3 CPU: ADX250OCGMBOX a dual core 64bit processor.

I always disable the boot screen in bios so that i get the traditional boot up info.

I am now experiencing a few issues.

Some boards are not displaying any boot up info at all, just a black screen, the computers do boot up in a timely fashion though.

Now i have an additional problem.....

i have at this moment 5 builds in the workshop, all identical in every way, every way, they are exactly the same:

Bios Ver: FE
CPU: ADX250OCGMBOX
4GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 SP1

Settings in bios are exactly the same, F( screen info exactly the same too, CPU numbers etc exactly the same.

One of them does not display bios onscreen info, just a blank screen but starts in a timely fashion without issues.

Two start up perfectly.

One however insists on loading a CPU patch!!!!!!!!!!! and it waits an age before moving on to start windows when again it pauses for a long time before completing boot up.

CPU Patch: CPUID 00100F63 patch id: 00c8

Now when i move the processors around the same problems with the same motherboards have the same problems so it can't be the processor (CPU's are identical).

The mobo with the CPUID patch: I have tried the ClR_CMOS jumper several times with different Bios versions including the Beta Bios Version FFa and the problem continues.

Does anybody have any ideas as to how i prevent this mobo from forcing the install of the CPU patch all the time as it's not required, all the other motherboards don't require it!?

Mark

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-880GM-USB3 Mobo Rev:3.1 BiosVer:FE Bios issues & Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:04:23 am »
Hi there,

not at all sure why this is happening and the only thing I can think of is a faulty motherboard. Best advice would be to contact Tech Support and see if they can offer a solution that doesn't involve an RMA.

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 06:19:13 pm »
Hello,

My problem is with the same MOBO, the UD3H but I have lost the USB 3.0 ports. I was running the ports simultaneously with a couple of Seagate GoFlex drives and got a message from Win 7 Pro that was asking my preference on private or public use, I opted for private and have not seen USB 3.0 since then on Friday.

Is anyone besides me having a lost USB 3.0 port? I have to solve this some kind of way! USB 3.0 ports see nothing but USB 2.0 ports see the devices well, please spell out any soutions here

Thanks,
David

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:24:24 am »
Hi,

You seem to have dscribed two different things!

When asked to select Public or Private i think you were asked to select the type of network you were using by the operating system and this has nothing to do with your USB3 ports at all.

Go to the gigabyte website, look for drivers and the latest Bios for your mobo.  Download them both.

Using the Gigabyte BIOS utility install the Bios upgrade.

Restart your computer then install the latest drivers for your USB3 ports.

Have a look in "Device Manager" to see if the USB3 ports are listed as present and enabled.

If they are not you could have a faulty motherboard.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 10:26:27 am »
My problem, re bios taking a very long time to load a CPU patch has been resolved.

Gigabyte Tech Support after a couple of emails or so decided that the Mobo was faulty, it has been replaced