Official GIGABYTE Forum

EP45-UD3P Wake On Lan?

EP45-UD3P Wake On Lan?
« on: November 17, 2009, 07:19:06 am »
Hello, first post.

How do I make Wake on Lan from sleep work on EP45-UD3P motherboard? I've already turned it on in Windows 7 in the network options but I don't see anything related to it in my bios. I've tried enabling anything that has to do with USB(at least all the ones that I could find) in the bios and nothing happens.

During sleep mode, I've noticed that the lights for the LAN ports were also off, if that matters at all.

Pottypete

Re: EP45-UD3P Wake On Lan?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 09:27:00 pm »
Hi,
Check all your add-on cards including usb for "let this device wake computer" in the device settings.
This is probably the cause of your problems.

win 7 forum link with the same problem you have,. link
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/8822-mystery-problem-resume-sleep.html
Regards

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 02:05:49 am »
Just checked and they're all on (some devices don't offer the option at all).

I'm wondering though, is that topic you posted related to my problem at all? The problem mentioned in the thread you linked talks about not wanting the computer to wake up from devices or displays not turning on. My computer wakes up fine, it's just that I want to wake it up from over the internet.

I apologize if I missed something since I didn't read the whole thread.

Pottypete

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 09:56:56 am »
Hi,
OK only tring to help!
Is your router set correctly, ie,. Keep alive connection?
Is wake up on lan enabled in bios?
Regards

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 12:18:17 am »
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. However, I did already mention in the first post that I couldn't find anything regarding Wake on LAN in the bios, though if anyone can confirm for me that it's there, maybe I missed it somehow.

Router should be configured correctly. The problem is that the LAN port on my PC doesn't even light up when it's in sleep mode. I'm not so sure about the router but I don't see an option like that (Linksys with tomato firmware).