Official GIGABYTE Forum

z77X-UD3H: Boot Order Priority in the BIOS. Am I understanding this correctly?

I just finished building my new system and it booted up fine.  I have installed a Samsung 830 SSD in SATA Port 0 and a Samsung HDD is SATA Port 1.  In addition I have installed an Asus DVD drive.  The Bios recognizes all three drives in the System ATA - Port Information Serial ATA section of the BUT in the Boot Options Priorities it recognizes only the Samsung as priority #1 and the Asus DVD as Priority #2.  The Samsung hard drive is not listed.

If I am reading both the manual and other information correctly the Boot Option Priority section will only recognize the primary hard drive.  In this case it would be my SSD.  Am I correct and I can go ahead and load Windows 7 or am I missing something?

Also, I am assuming at this point that Windows will assign the SSD as the C drive.  Will I need to manually assign another letter for the hard drive?

Thanks.

Did you find a solution for this?

I noticed when I first installed a Crucial M4 SSD in my Z77-D3H, it was not seen in the Boot Order Priority list either.
Then I partitioned the drive with gparted-live, created an EFI system partition and made the EPI system partition bootable. Then I could see the Crucial M4 SSD as a bootable device.

I'm guessing your Samsung hard drive doesn't have a bootable partition, a gpt, or a master boot record.
In any case, you should be o.k. to go ahead and load Windows.