Official GIGABYTE Forum

UBCD will not boot?

UBCD will not boot?
« on: November 26, 2009, 08:56:39 pm »
P55A-UD5, i5-750 cpu, Sapphire HD4770 graphics, F3 BIOS, 4 1TB SATA disks, 60 GB disk, WinXP Prof 32bit, Floppy Drive, Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-110D 1.41FW

Installed WinXP on the 60G disk and on one of the 1TB disks, both worked. Then I tried to set up RAID 10 on the big disks, however, when I tried Create RAID in the Matrix Storage Manager, it said there wasn't enough space. I figured that I would have to delete my XP installation from the big disk. However, even after resetting the big disks in the BIOS to IDE, they didn't appear in WinXP -> My Computer.

So, I started UBCD 4.1.1, choose Hard Disk Tools, then Installation Tools, then Samsung Disk Manager V10. I get to "Starting Caldera DR-DOS" and then I get a blank line and nothing. This was working before. I had reformatted the disks using this method, but one didn't appear in My Computer. When I tried to start up UBCD again from the DVD drive, it wouldn't work.

Reset BIOS to Safe Defaults, set CD as first startup device and 60GB disk as first HD. Burned a new UBCD disc, but still get the halt. What could be causing this and how can I get these drives ready? My XP install on the 60 GB disk is still working fine. Everything looks fine in the BIOS.

Re: UBCD will not boot?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 08:55:15 pm »
Tried the CMOS reset procedure with no effect on booting UBCD programs. Set Fail Safe Defaults, no effect. Tried to boot an Ubuntu 6.10 CD and it hung.

Then I got back into XP and found I could format using Computer Management->Disk Management, started reformatted the 1TB disks w/ NTFS.

Still wondering why by CD stopped working.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 12:07:12 pm »
I have tried 2 floppy drives with a few disks each and can't complete a format, or if I can then writing the RAID drivers to it fails - at least for most files. Therefore, I conclude that the MB is bad.

Has anyone gotten the floppy interface to work on this MB?

kangoo

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 06:59:11 am »
tried with bios F5?