Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte XKT-1155 Z68AP-D3 boot issues

sebah

Gigabyte XKT-1155 Z68AP-D3 boot issues
« on: July 02, 2012, 03:46:51 pm »
Hi,

I have recently purchased the motherboard mentioned in the subject. I also bought the 'Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU' processor, along with 'Kingston 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC' as RAM and 'Be Quiet BN106 Pure Power L7 530W' as PSU.
I managed to connect and put together all the bits inside ( this is not the first time I'm doing this ) and tried to power up the pc, but something weird is happening: all the fans inside are working ( CPU fan, case fans ) + the leds on the motherboard ( the 'Phase LED' ) are blinking, but nothing happens on the screen. Further more if I plug in a keyboard, USB or PS2, the lights on it are not working, which pretty much implies that peripherals are not working.
I tried changing the PSU with something stronger, a 650W Corsair, but still nothing.
I also tried switching Video Cards ( the one I'm having is 'Asus nVIDIA GeForce 210 Graphics Card', yet same result.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Is my motherboard faulty, or there's something BIOS related. If I have to update my BIOS, how should I do it, as I can't see anything on the screen.

Thanks,
SEb