Official GIGABYTE Forum

No POST on new Build - Odd symptoms with 990FXA-UD7

No POST on new Build - Odd symptoms with 990FXA-UD7
« on: August 02, 2012, 03:55:01 pm »
I am putting together a new PC but I am yet to have a successful start up.

THe Motherboard has some odd symptoms such as when only the main power supply plug is in without the additional one for the CPU (8 pin) all fans spin up and lights come on but no display.

However if I plug both power plugs to the motherboard in form the PSU then I get no response from the PC whatsoever.

So could anybody suggest why I would get more response from the PC with less power going to it?

Cheers

Re: No POST on new Build - Odd symptoms with 990FXA-UD7
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 04:55:47 pm »
I built a machine for my sons friend once and when I hit the power button nothing happened (starts sweating) but then I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that I connected the front panel connectors to a USB header instead of the front panel header.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 08:53:56 pm »
I wish it was so simple, but unfortunately the buttons on the actual motherboard itself respond in exactly the same way

kosobai

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 11:44:58 am »
Similar thing with an AN75N-USB3 board I just bought.

It powers on and the CPU fan ramps up, but does not POST. I think it's a lemon, and it's going back in the morning.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:54:40 am »
Hi there,

it would help if you could post back with a list of the actual hardware you are installing into this build as the cause of the problem could be anything.

Check that your CPU is actually supported by the earliest version of the BIOS as the board may not have the latest version: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3880

Rebuild the basic components outside of a PC case to eliminate the possibility of an electrical short using just the motherboard, CPU, one stick of RAM and GPU.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.