Official GIGABYTE Forum

PA65-UD3-B3 Phase Lights

PA65-UD3-B3 Phase Lights
« on: August 31, 2012, 04:19:40 pm »
Hello,

I've just replaced my cpu cooler with an aftermarket one. When I plugged in the system back online everything works as intended except that I noticed these 4 red phase leds on top of the board. These only seem to light up during the post and turn off just before windows starts loading. I've done a few system checks and everything runs fine (writing from the same pc atm). I've resetted bios settings to default and they still turn on at every post. Also gonna mention there were no beeps or different behaviour.

I've also consulted the manual and all it says:

PHASE LED
The number of lighted LEDs indicates the CPU loading. The higher the CPU loading, the more the
number   of   lighted   LEDs.   To   enable   the   Phase   LED   display   function,   please   first   enable   Dynamic   Energy
Saver.

On other forums I've read about different color patterns such as 1 yellow. 2 green. 1 red...etc.

Also for the record, List of Parts/Cables I removed during the cooler replacement:

Graphic Card
1x Sata2 DVD/RW
1x Sata2 HDD
Front Panel
Front USB
Front Mic/Headphone Jacks
3x 120mm Fans
Both Power Cables

Also tested the front USB and both Jacks, they work fine.

Full System Spec:

Gigabyte PA65-UD3-B3 Motherboard
Intel Core i5 2400 CPU
Corsair 8GB DDR1333 XMS Ram
Hitachi Sata2 300gb HDD
Geforce GTS250 VGA
Windows 7 64bit

What I'd like to know is if the system is fine and if I should worry or not that the lights turn red on post. Thanks in advance