Official GIGABYTE Forum

questions about BIOS voltage options (G41M-ES2L but probably general to all)

graysky

Guess I'm used to DFI naming for various voltage settings because I have a GA-G41M-ES2L and have no idea what "CPU Reference Voltage" is... what is this?

Code: [Select]
CPU Vcore
CPU Termination
CPU Reference

CPU Vcore is obviously the core voltage for the processor.
CPU Termination I am assuming is the VTT.
CPU Reference = ?

It has the following settings:

Code: [Select]
Auto
Normal
0.738V
0.756V
0.780V
0.805V
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:54:03 pm by graysky »

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Reference on Gigabyte boards is a voltage, on other boards its a %. By default my E8600 VTT = 1.2 and my ref is 0.76 giving a % of 63.33% (0.76/1.2 *100)
There's no place like ::1

graysky

Cool, thanks for the info.  The list seems to adjust automatically for the VTT you select giving you four options over the range of VTTs you chose: 0.62x, 0.63x, 0.65x, and 0.67x.

oggmonster

Pretty sure that generally the duals like 63%, but sometimes (depending on overclock) may need more :)

graysky

Pretty sure that generally the duals like 63%, but sometimes (depending on overclock) may need more :)

Interesting, can you point me to a reference to that 63 % for duals?  I'm not overclocking it actually since the main goal is running cool.

oggmonster

Can't find that info to hand, if you're not overclocking you can leave it on default. But 63% is the standard for duals as thats ive not touched those settings and thats what it works out on my motherboard. It will be on a spec sheet somewhere from intel lol!