Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z68MA-UD2H-B3 boot looping

Z68MA-UD2H-B3 boot looping
« on: October 12, 2012, 08:19:18 am »
This problem happened once or twice before in the 8 months i've had this motherboard, now it happens like 2/3 times I attempt to boot my PC
So far my fix is to unplug the power cable for around 20-30 secs then load the optimized defaults of the system.
Also tried numerous things like booting with 1 RAM, no GPU, no PSU and a different CPU and still no change.
Does anyone know the reasoning behind the boot loop and if not is it covered by warranty to get a replacement board (if its a fault on the board)

Thanks in advance

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Z68MA-UD2H-B3 boot looping
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:29:51 am »

Also tried numerous things like booting with 1 RAM, no GPU, no PSU and a different CPU and still no change.

Hi

I would dearly love to see you boot with no PSU............

Seriously though,  if the motherboard is actually faulty then it would be covered by the warranty which is three years from the date of manufacture. The thing is though that I wouldn't think it is faulty but probably caused by some other component or software. Have you tried clearing the CMOS and then loading Optimised BIOS Defaults for a start. If you require some pointers follow these instructions:

Remove the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.

Once done remove the motherboard battery for one hour before replacing it.

Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.

You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self like disabling the floppy drive, disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and then press F10 to save and exit.

Post back afterwards with the result.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 10:16:45 am »
Lol I didn't mean no psu I meant to write new psu (had only been up 10mins and on an iphone when I wrote this lol)
I haven't tried clearing CMOS yet gotta remove gpu and hard to remove with a broken hand but ill get some help later doing it will post back with results

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 05:38:07 pm »
Right after a few days of it being good it decided to be an idiot again and boot loop. So i did as you said, removed the battery for an hour, which didn't solve the problem. Eventually, after removing the power cable a lot and plugging in the bare minimum in peripherals, it got to the BIOS.
Reset the date/time and loaded defaults and now it's acting fine... for now

The CMOS reset didn't solve my problem at all. What else could this be causing the boot loop?

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 04:46:42 pm »
I updated the bios to f13, which states that it fixes "Power on issue" which i presume is my boot looping situation, after the difficult time of trying to flash the bios and then trying to set factory defaults on the bios my pc seems to boot fine. It has only been 2 days though.... 

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 01:34:48 am »
I updated the bios to f13, which states that it fixes "Power on issue" which i presume is my boot looping situation, after the difficult time of trying to flash the bios and then trying to set factory defaults on the bios my pc seems to boot fine. It has only been 2 days though.... 

I tried everything, like remove battery, change power supply, remove memo cards, etc. Nothing worked.

I will try this too. But will have some disk. Sometimes, i cant even see the bios screen. Its a endless boot. The Mobo still running for you?