Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA Z87X D3H can't detect my GPU

GA Z87X D3H can't detect my GPU
« on: January 12, 2014, 11:53:49 pm »
Hello I just purchased a Z87X D3H motherboard along with a Silverstone Strider Silver 600W PSU yesterday for my PC's upgrade.

After connecting all the power cables to the respective peripherals, including my GPU (Asus GTS 450, old card that was working fine even before the upgrade), i noticed that when i enter my Windows Vista the resolution scaled down to a lower resolution (my monitor's native is  1920x1080). When i checked device manager, the GPU is no where to be found and instead a standard VGA device shows up in the list. Also when i try to open the nVidia experience program from my taskbar, it says that an nVidia card was not detected.

I've checked my cabling, PCIe 6 pin into the graphics card, the GPU's fan is running too when i power on and the BIOS is selected to init display: PCIe slot 1 (where i placed my card). I cant update the drivers yet because the Z87x D3H BIOS disc cant seem to run on Vista (hence my Ethernet ports cant connect to the internet) though I'm not sure if drivers are the problem since I've already installed and updated the drivers before upgrading as the hard disk is still the same as my previous system's.

Any help would be appreciated, feeling washed up to have encountered this problem on newly bought components (that i was looking forward to so much) :(

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: GA Z87X D3H can't detect my GPU
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 06:27:05 am »
The drivers for the board only supports Win 7, 8, & 8.1. So you are going to have to upgraded the OS.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.