Official GIGABYTE Forum

Anyone got wireless data working on their tablet?

Wammit

Re: Anyone got wireless data working on their tablet?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 04:08:49 pm »
Got a similar problem with the S1082. The WWAN driver supplied does not seem to do anything. The device manger doesnt show the drivers in the COM ports, and putting a sim in doesnt do a thing. Think I'm missing something obvious.

davidbec

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 11:49:26 am »
Hi

Which wireless card did you install?

I assume that you have the latest Mobile partner  software installed or did Windows install something?
Happy S1080 owner from Barbados

davidbec

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 06:44:15 pm »
 ;D

Feeling like I'm on cloud nine today!!

As you know the EM770U I got from notebookparts.com was locked. I went to various stores and one of the cell service providers and no one would even attempt to unlock the card. Notebook parts even offered to replace the card because they "never had this problem before".

Well today I was doing some additional reading and came across a piece of software call dc-unlocker client. (https://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads), I would loaded it and after paying $8 Euros I now have an unlocked EM770U 3G card in my S1080.

I was able to connect to the same cellular service provider that did not know what to do using their SIM card and got an EDGE connection. No 3G or 4G where I live.

I sent a text message to my other phone and I was able to browse the internet slowly :( . Going to try voice in a little while.

For some reason though the WIFI link is giving trouble now. Disconnecting itself and not reconnecting. Hmmm

Anyway I'm on cloud nine for the rest of the day people!!! Got my wireless data working. Now if they would hurry and give me some 4G loving.

The card cost me 29.99 USD if anyone wants to have a go.

davidbec

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 01:22:08 pm »
Just a minor update.

I travelled this week and while in the other country, the card detected WCDMA, HSPA and EDGE. Unfortunately the browsing speeds were nothing spectacular. I was looking at the Mobile partner application which shows the upload and download speeds and I did not see it go past 60Kbps at anytime.

I still have not tried voice as I cannot find an application to do it with. I also seem unable to send service access codes from the mobile partner program. These are codes like *128# or *120#, which tell you your card balance or tell you what your cellular number is.

Nevertheless it works.