« on: November 07, 2012, 07:47:38 pm »
Hi!
Purchased a upgrade package:

- Motherboard:   Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-D3H, Socket-FM2
- Processor    AMD FM2 A-Series A4-5300, 65W
- Minne            Corsair XMS3 1600MHz 4GB CL9
                     Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB    
-HDD                 Seagate Barracuda® 1TB

Had an old Samsung 500G which I tried to install Win7X64 and it kept shutting down or rebooting after installation.
After I purchased a new HDD which I received it today, I installed Win 7X64 restarted couple of times then the PC keeps rebooting. I can see only "Starting Windows".....then it reboots over and over again
Why it keeps rebooting?

Regards,

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-D3H, Socket-FM2, keeps rebooting
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 08:18:44 pm »
Reboots could be due to memory problems, overheating of components or PSU.

Does it only reboot when you try to load windows or does it do it when you are in BIOS?

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

gt3xf

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 09:23:44 pm »
Hi!
Thank you for your answer.
As you see all (three pieces of memory 4G each) are new.
I actually have installed the windows. But now when Starting Windows logo appears it reboots.
Is it PSU?

Reboots could be due to memory problems, overheating of components or PSU.

Does it only reboot when you try to load windows or does it do it when you are in BIOS?

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:06:42 am »
You don't say what PSU you are using so I can't say it is that and the only way of knowing is really to try a different one. Gigabyte recommend a PSU of 500 Watt or greater for your motherboard.

Just because your memory is new doesn't mean that they aren't faulty or that your issue isn't related to this area. Run Memtest to see if you get any errors to check your modules are working OK.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

gt3xf

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 04:55:11 pm »
Hi!
Thank you for your answer!
It's a 420W PSU. Here in swedish point 4 it says (http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=765244) that we recomend that the PSU should be at least 400W.
The funny thing is that when I put out the PSU from the case it runs OK however when I put it in its place and screw it it keeps rebooting.
The other thing I want to mention is that I did memory test its all ok and that I have 3 slots 4Geach but windows says I have 8G Aida64 confirms it as well that I have 8G, howeve inside I have 12G. I tested one by one and they work all OK windows recognises the, I tried all possible combination one by one ,changing slots etc they work, even when I put 2 of them it shows 8G but when I put the 3-d it still says I have 8G.

Regards,

You don't say what PSU you are using so I can't say it is that and the only way of knowing is really to try a different one. Gigabyte recommend a PSU of 500 Watt or greater for your motherboard.

Just because your memory is new doesn't mean that they aren't faulty or that your issue isn't related to this area. Run Memtest to see if you get any errors to check your modules are working OK.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 06:16:01 pm »
Can you try a different PSU?

gt3xf

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 07:12:01 pm »

I did try a diffrent PSU, its working OK it seems its old PSU fault.
The other question is: why i am getting 8 C when i check from computer properties? when in bios i see 13.0000 and some MB memory....
REgards
Can you try a different PSU?

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 08:23:15 pm »
Your Memory issue could be due to the fact that you are trying to run two different brands and sizes of modules which  is not recommended.

However, the first thing I would check is the BIOS, is it the latest version which for your motherboard is F3? If you are not running this version then I would recommend updating to it using the QFlash Utility.

gt3xf

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 12:45:48 pm »
Hi!
Thank you for your answer.
Yes i did an update last night to F3. Still same thing...any other tip recommendation?

Regards,

Your Memory issue could be due to the fact that you are trying to run two different brands and sizes of modules which  is not recommended.

However, the first thing I would check is the BIOS, is it the latest version which for your motherboard is F3? If you are not running this version then I would recommend updating to it using the QFlash Utility.