Official GIGABYTE Forum

HD795WF3-3GD BIOS UPGRADE F43 FAILED HELP!!

HD795WF3-3GD BIOS UPGRADE F43 FAILED HELP!!
« on: January 02, 2013, 10:13:00 pm »
Hi, I'm currently on F42 bios and I want to flash to F43. When I try to flash with VGA Bios or easy boost, i get an error : "Flash BIOS failed! Errcode=0x2000000A"

>What can I do?

Re: HD795WF3-3GD BIOS UPGRADE F43 FAILED HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 06:07:09 am »
Salut il semble que tu sois Français ;)

J'ai eu le même problème que toi en utilisant le programme vga@bios, la solution c'est de switcher ta carte sur le 2ème bios puis après avoir rebooter créer une clef USB bootable et utiliser atiflash (dernière version 3.99 je crois). Une fois ta clef créée, tu boote dessus. Attention avant de lancer atiflash il faut que tu switche ta carte sur le bios HS, tu dois le faire sans redémarrer le pc bien sur. Ensuite tu lance cette ligne de commande : atiflash.exe -p 0 NewBIOS.bin (ou NewBIOS.rom).

Par contre avant de switcher sur le Bios HS tu peux sauvegarder le bios qui est encore OK avec cette commande : atiflash.exe -s 0 oldbios.bin

J'espère t'avoir aidé...

Hi it seems that you are French;)

I had the same problem as you using the vga @ bios program, the solution is to switch your card to the bios then after the second reboot create a bootable USB key and use atiflash (latest version 3.99 I think). Once your key is created, you boot it. Warning before start atiflash you must switche on your card bios HS, you must do it without restarting the pc of course. Then you launch this command line:-p ​​0 atiflash.exe NewBIOS.bin (or NewBIOS.rom).

By cons before switching on the HS Bios you can save the bios which is still OK with this command:-s 0 atiflash.exe oldbios.bin

I hope to have helped ...

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 12:16:39 pm »
how much memory should my usb stick have?

Sigtran

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 06:02:42 pm »
Big enough to make it bootable and hold ATIFLASH utility and few bios files... so basically any flash sizes from 128MB to 2GB.

Make sure you use latest atiflash utility (ver 3.99).

And the command line would be something like:
atiflash.exe -p 0 <biosfilename>

where <biosfilename> is the full name (incl. file extension) of the new bios file you want to flash.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:05:24 pm by Sigtran »

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 11:35:30 pm »
that sounds risky and bios flash is no joke or something I'll mess with. do you think it's worth it?

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 08:00:10 am »
Only if you encounter problems with your card! If you think it works perfectly with the F42 bios then do not touch it. Good but update the bios in the majority of cases can make the table more...