Official GIGABYTE Forum

main bios corrupted

main bios corrupted
« on: December 22, 2012, 09:08:53 am »
My motherboard GA-B75M-D3H (rev. 1.0) main bios corrupted three times in last seven days, but recovered it automatically from backup bios.

My question:
1) What is the reason of bios crash ?
2) Is it symptoms of something wrong in motherboard ?
3) Or need to upgrade bios from current bios F4 ?

Sys:
CPU- i3 2120
Ram- Corsair CMX2GX3M1A1333C9
HDD- WD 1TB Green
OS- Windows 8 Pro WMC X64

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: main bios corrupted
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:04:24 am »
Hi there,

F4 is the original BIOS for this motherboard so it would probably be a good idea to update to the latest version as several later versions do  improve system compatibility.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 12:27:55 pm »
Hi there,

F4 is the original BIOS for this motherboard so it would probably be a good idea to update to the latest version as several later versions do  improve system compatibility.

The GA-B75M-D3H is my 1st Gigabyte MoBo, I never had experience with Gigabyte, so Please give advice/link to SOFTWERE or UTILITY to upgrade bios in/from Windows environment for this MObO.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:24:03 pm »
My motherboard GA-B75M-D3H (rev. 1.0) main bios corrupted three times in last seven days, but recovered it automatically from backup bios.

My question:
1) What is the reason of bios crash ?
2) Is it symptoms of something wrong in motherboard ?
3) Or need to upgrade bios from current bios F4 ?

Sys:
CPU- i3 2120
Ram- Corsair CMX2GX3M1A1333C9
HDD- WD 1TB Green
OS- Windows 8 Pro WMC X64

I got the same problem with another motherboard, if you try a solution, share with me, please :(