Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-770TA-UD3 and Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition?

GA-770TA-UD3 and Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition?
« on: January 30, 2010, 09:18:57 am »
Hi.. Im wondering if Gigabyte intend to release a BIOS update for this mobo to support the Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4ghz 8mb cache 125W 45nm CPU?

I have this system running but every 2nd boot it cycles then wants a windows repair or normal start (Win 7 ) , I choose normal and it boots fine. Every 3rd or 4th boot it will warn me that Im overclocking (which Im not ) and to set default in CMOS or continue.. if I continue it boots up to Windows.

Have tried multiple ram types, same problem.

Also the bios lists the SATA drive in the wrong connector than the mobo identifies - and occasionaly warns of no HDD detected - but boots up to Windows as above regardless.

Im assuming since this CPU isnt listed on the compatibilty chart that it may be the cause of these problems.

Re: GA-770TA-UD3 and Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 07:39:01 pm »
Mine is BE 8MB cache whereas those show as 6MB cache...?

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 11:02:55 pm »
actually almost seems like it doesnt like 'restart' from Windows.. Whenever I restart it loops at post until finally stopping at the Overclock Warning window.

But if I shut it down and start it up it boots back into windows just fine.

>:(

knew I shoulda bought the Asus!  :-\

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 11:53:36 pm »
still same problem. Randomly wont reboot without cycling endlessly. Have tried various RAM and also a different CPU and video card. Same issue each time.

Sometimes it reboots just fine.

usually I have to turn off and start from scratch which usually starts it up but not always.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 07:14:29 pm »
I had exactly the same problem with GA770TA-UD3 and Athlon 2 x4 630, that is until earlier today. And let me tell you, I would never have guessed the culprit to be THE GRAPHICS CARD (GeForce 7950GT)!!!

The 7950GT has 3 outputs, 2 DVI and the useless S-Video output.
When the monitor was plugged in the LEFT DVI connector on the graphics card, all of the symptoms you mentioned above were present.
When the monitor was plugged in the RIGHT DVI connector, the system was and still is working FLAWLESSLY, no matter what settings in the BIOS I changed (well, obviously, not EVERY setting, but you know what I mean)!

For the life of me, I cannot link the cause and effect of these two, but after two days of trying to make this work, I won't bother. It works!!!
(Oh, and the 7950GT works well too in the system. Funny enough, the 7950GT's both DVI outputs work fine on my other Gigabyte MBO with Intel chipset and CPU. Go figure!)

Anyway, hope this helps someone...cheers!