Z77X-UD5H sleep wake issue
« on: November 01, 2013, 04:27:59 am »
Specs:

Mobo: Z77X-UD5H rev 1.0 with F15q BIOS
CPU: Intel i5 2500k
GPU: Nvidia GTX 480
RAM: corsair vengeance 16Gb
PSU: 680 Watts

The issue: sometimes, when I wake from sleep, the system tries to wake, but ends up rebooting a couple times until I either disconnect power from the entire rig, or wait for a "boot error" message from the BIOS.  The problem seems to correlate with the time I leave the system in sleep: for example, I can put the system to sleep and wake it without issue if I wake immediately after I put it to sleep, but if I leave it overnight it may have trouble waking.

I've been having this issue for a while now, with all BIOS versions, stock CPU clock speed or overclocked, various BIOS settings, etc.  I'm running Windows 8, and this problem did not occur on Windows 7 when I had it installed previously.

I will be happy to answer anyone's questions.  Thanks in advance.

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
Re: Z77X-UD5H sleep wake issue
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 11:56:19 am »
Hi tomKPZ,

In windows, have you check a ''energy saving options'' or ''Power Options'' in Control Panel ?
Check all parameters for all materials in this Options...

tomKPZ

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 03:58:32 pm »
Hi tomKPZ,

In windows, have you check a ''energy saving options'' or ''Power Options'' in Control Panel ?
Check all parameters for all materials in this Options...

In my power options, under sleep, the interesting options seem to be "allow wake timers", which I disabled, and "allow hybrid sleep", which I've enabled.  Since the problem occurs so irregularly, I'll post back if it occurs, or I'll consider it fixed in a couple of days.  Thanks for the tip.

tomKPZ

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 10:28:52 pm »
Unfortunately, I just ran into the same boot problem again today.  Any other suggestions?

I think it must be my windows installation.  I've disabled the pagefile, hibernation, superfetch, prefetch, and some other windows features if it helps diagnose the problem.  Perhaps I should take this to a windows forum?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 10:29:44 pm by tomKPZ »

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 12:09:44 am »
If you find a Window forum, this is the best.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/
http://www.techrepublic.com/forums/

This is just a exemple...

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:13:53 am by Gloup_Gloup »

dikal

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 08:08:44 pm »
Tom,

when your system tries to wake, it shows the BIOS screen, and then the message "resuming windows" ? if this is the case, it is probably because of  power outages during the night.

I had similar problems waking from hibernation, after a power cut. The problem solved when I changed the wireless usb keybord/mouse, with an older ps/2 keyboard and a usb mouse.

tomKPZ

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 11:03:04 pm »
Tom,

when your system tries to wake, it shows the BIOS screen, and then the message "resuming windows" ? if this is the case, it is probably because of  power outages during the night.

I had similar problems waking from hibernation, after a power cut. The problem solved when I changed the wireless usb keybord/mouse, with an older ps/2 keyboard and a usb mouse.

No, when I try to wake, the screen does not turn on until it reboots, then shows the BIOS screen.  I'll try unplugging my keyboard and mouse before I put the computer to sleep next time.