GA-Z87MX-D3H totally new and blank system gives 1 long n 3 short beeps at start

thumic

Hello community,
I just assembled my new future HTPC out of the following components:

GA-Z87MX-D3H mb
Intel Core i5-4670T, 4x2,3 GHz tray CPU
Corsair Vengance Dimm 8GB, PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-24 RAM
Samsung 840 Evo, 250GB SSD, SATA 6GB/s  HDD1
WD Blue, 640GB, SATA II, HDD2 (old but wiped)
be quiet, PowerZone 650W, ATX 2.4
Thermaltake Flexi CPU Cooler
OrigenAE, S14V Chassis

I intend not using a graphics card as the CPU-integrated Intel HD4600 GPU should do the trick in streaming my videos to TV.

So, I'm done screwing it all together, both HDD are blank since the system is new and I've switched it on. However not really much happening.
Power lamp comes on, PSU and CPU fans turn and after a couple of seconds I get one long beep followed by 3 short ones. My screen stays black all the way through. I found another post here, where it states that such beeps would indicate a problem with the AGP.
Since I have no card installed in that system, I'm now left somewhat helpless. Do I need to "activate" the onchip graphic engine and if so - where if I can't get to BIOS? Or am I maybe just using a wrong connection method to my display? I now run DVI, VGA and HDMI in parallel but none seems to bring a signal...
Any help is highly appreciated!
Thanks folks!

ysw

check if you have bent pin in cpu socket.
remove out the chassis to check if it can boot up.
no need to do any bios setting when you connect to onboard graphics.

thumic

Nope, all as it should be. Also are the 24pin+8pin power cables attached to the mb.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
I don't know if it will help, but clear the cmos and pull battery for a short time. Then put battery back in unclear the cmos and try it. Plus this guy is having the same problem.

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,13603.msg86669.html#msg86669
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:18:26 pm by dmdilks »
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

thumic

Hi dmdilks,

I tried the CMOS trick (both battery pull and shortcut both contacts for that) but it didn't help.
I tried a different RAM in the meantime - no help.

Also checked the other threat and it really seems the other guy is having the same or similar problem. Couldn't test yet as the only graphics card I have is a) in another PC and b) quite long, so I'd need to take apart half of the HTPC chassis to make it fit..

Will try but just not today anymore.

thumic

ok here's the thing: I removed the graphic card from tower pc and plugged it into the htpc chassis and guess what: the htpc boots.
So does this mean that the Intel HD4600 graphics adapter inside my CPU is broken? I guess so, right?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
It would sound like it but before point your finger at the CPU. I would get it tested to make sure that it is the CPU.

You about the 3rd or 4th person having a problem like this on a Z87 board. These boards don't really have on board video.

I would get both of the tested the CPU and the board if you can.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.