Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X99-UD5 post reboot loop

Re: GA-X99-UD5 post reboot loop
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 04:16:04 pm »
Problem: USB3.0 storage problems with the B4 bios error.

When I have plugged in my external storage HDD's (USB3.0) the bios loops and I see the bios B4 error code.

I tried different external storages (all usb 3.0): - WD My book - WD passpoort - Sharkoon external hdd case.

I tried toggled between different bios boot settings, like:

- Full screen logo show: on/off
- Fastboot: disabled/fastboot/ultra fastboot
- USB support disabled/full initial/partial initial
- Storage Boot Option Control: Do not launch/legacy/UEFI
All other settings: default.

So no OC-settings or otherwise. Nothing seems to solve the problem.

The only differents between when my bios loops is when I connect the usb3.0 storage (HDD).

I already asked @ esupport, but I'm begin to wonder if they can help me...

Sorry for my bad english :(

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 09:10:15 am »
For you are referencing disks in context with the boot reloop problem make sure you're not using Storage Spaces in Windows 8 or beyond (Windows 10 preview). UDx does not seem to work with storage Spaces. Use i.e. the built in RAID instead. http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=15245.0

I did a number of posts in early october documenting how to get rid of more issues. But Gigabyte decided to delete them ... they would like to keep the number of posts down ... however, the content was infact different. May be those posts have just been disabled and are still available.

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 10:13:27 am »
Thank you guy, you saved my live with posting this information. Installing Cor i7-5820k on the motherboard, nice memory modules etc., and still rebooting again and again  :o. I also use a MS-Tech LU-188S Cardreader. Unplugging the Reader, problem solved. Thank you man  ;)

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 04:51:50 pm »
Hi all, I have a GA-X99-UD5 Wifi rev 1.0 with a latest F8 bios (Dec/18/2014) running on Windows 7 x64 bit in UEFI mode. My card reader is AXAGO CRI-XS USB3.0. When I connect it I get a bootloop with "B4" code - USB device hot plug-in. When I plug it in running Os, it start work, but when I plug USB3.0 Flash drive to port on reader I get Windows Warning of not running on SuperSpeed.

I take a ticket on Gigabyte technical support:

Question:    Hi, I have a problem with USB3.0 Card Reader. If I connect it to internal connector Board will restart with B4 code. Reader is new. I tried flash bios F7 and F8 without succes. F8 will freeze right after I go into bios menu. Sometime after reboot from windows It freeze with GIGABITE logo and A2 code or in 61 code.    12/25/2014 3:41 PM
Answer:    

Dear Antonín Skala,

Because Intel had confirmed there will be frequency interference issue with USB 3.0 and 2.4GHz devices. Kindly confirm whether you use any wireless USB keyboard / mouse? If so, please remove it and test again. If the problem remains, we suggest you to connect the card reader after the computer boots into Windows successfully and see if it can work well.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

I don't use a wireless device so it isn'n a problem.

I had a problem with the Logitech Unifying receiver for my wireless trackball and keyboard. Logitech provided a free extension wire to move the receiver away from the USB 3.0 ports and now I don't have any of the jittery problems anymore.

Funny how Gigabyte is placing the blame on USB 3.0 wireless interference problems for the card reader problem.

I was having the reboot problem on the Gigabyte UD5.

After seeing that wireless was being discussed as a problem AND I could see my USB printers on the list of possible USB BOOT devices, I turned off my old Kodak ESP 3.2 wireless printer. The problem went away. It has a memory card  reader. The connected (non-wireless) HP Photosmart 7960 is still on and it has a USB reader too (non-wireless).

Later on I might disconnect the WIRE connection to the Kodak printer to see if the problem is caused by a having both a wire and wireless view of a device.