Official GIGABYTE Forum

StarTech card (marvell) is getting conflict with marvell mobo GA-Z87X-UD5H

Hi every one, I have installed this controller card that use marvell chipset http://mx.startech.com/Tarjetas-perifericos/Controladores-Discos-Duros/SATA/Tarjeta-controladora-PCI-Express-SATA-de-6Gbps-RAID-de-4-puertos~PEXSAT34RH

My mobo GA-Z87X-UD5H  and I think all gigabytes mobos have marvell chipset too. It seems that both marvells chipsets working at the same time is generating some kind of conflict because windows takes like 8 to 12 minutes to load, at the time win7 starts everything is OK, both marvells working perfect.

If I disconnect startech card from the PCIe win7 start in less than 1 minute, in the other hand, if I leave the startech connected and I disconnect the 4 disks attached to the marvell mobo also win7 starts in less than 1 minute, so my controller card is working OK and the RAID0 from mobo marvell is ok too.

My BIOS is on RAID mode because I have another RAID on intel chipset, so it have to stay on RAID mode. BUT I made a test, I get disconnected my disks from intel RAID0, changing to ACHI on BIOS and win7 starts in less than 1 minute when both marvells working and connected. SO I get to conclusion that the problem is only when BIOS is on RAID mode.

The only issue here is that I have to wait 8 to 12 minutes to start win7, so I want to know how can I fix this conflict.

GA-Z87X-UD5H (rev. 1.x) BIOS F10
i7 4770
Controller card StarTech PEXSAT34RH
Win7 64 ultimate
8 GB ram
Thermaltake 850watts