Official GIGABYTE Forum

Building with a GIGABYTE GA-MA790GPT-UD3H

Building with a GIGABYTE GA-MA790GPT-UD3H
« on: March 18, 2010, 05:53:00 pm »
Hello everyone! I have all my parts,and am ready to build this rig.I am a first timer,so I'm scared.Anyway,I have an Antec 900 I bought a few years ago.The first thing I wanted to do was to test out my psu,and connect all the case fans to make sure they worked.All fans seem to work properly.I then wanted to put my motherboard in the case,without taking it out of static bag,just to get a feel for all my connections.I want to run all the wires I can behind the motherboard if possible.I put my psu in the case,and started to look at wire management.The first thing I noticed is that the 8 pin power connecter on my psu(CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX)will not reach going behind the motherboard(GIGABYTE GA-MA790GPT-UD3H).I went to Home Depot,and got a Hole drill bit.I drilled some holes for better wire management,and got some rubber grommits for the holes.FYI-Thank-God for Lowes.I went to 7 or 8 places to find these damm things.Its hard to find rubber grommits that are 1 1/2 inches in diameter. I drilled one hole a couple inches beyond my bottom mounted psu.Now my 8 pin cpu connector will reach.I also drilled a few more in relation to my connections on the motherboard.

1.The 8 pin connector is 2x4.Should I plug both into the motherboard?

2.I am using a Coolermaster Hyper 212+ HS.I will be using 2 fans for push and pull.I know one fan should connect to the cpu fan header on the motherboard,but I'm not sure about the second fan.

Any other general tips are more than welcomed :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 05:58:30 pm by toostrike »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Building with a GIGABYTE GA-MA790GPT-UD3H
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 06:35:32 pm »
Hi toostrike,

Don't get to concerned about building your first rig, just take your time and I'm sure it will go OK.

In answer to your first question, yes. Make sure that both of the 2x4  plugs are inserted onto the Mobo.

Not sure of the answer to your second question as I have never tried installing a push-pull configuration. Hopefully someone else can point you in the right direction there. 
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: Building with a GIGABYTE GA-MA790GPT-UD3H
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 11:52:01 pm »
Hi toostrike,

Don't get to concerned about building your first rig, just take your time and I'm sure it will go OK.

In answer to your first question, yes. Make sure that both of the 2x4  plugs are inserted onto the Mobo.

Not sure of the answer to your second question as I have never tried installing a push-pull configuration. Hopefully someone else can point you in the right direction there. 

I found the answer.Thanks for your help.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8418/cab-150/FrozenCPU_PMW_Y_Splitter_Cable.html