Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte H55M-UD2H rev. 1.0 with i7 860 - 870 and 8GB RAM problem

Hi there! The motherboard in question was received from a friend of mine with i3 530 processor an 2 GB RAM Kingmax 1333 MHz. I've upgraded it to i7 860 (second hand) and 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Beast XMP RAM KHX16C9T3K2/8X 1600 MHz, CL9 (new). Every time I started the PC the power LED on the PC case started blinking until de Windows logo appeared, then it would stay on, like it suppose to do and Windows worked flawlessly. Every once in a while I would get continuos long beeps from the speaker on the motherbord. Ussualy that would disappear after a restart of computer. The day before yesterday the PC wouldn't boot at all, no post, no display and continuously long beeps. After some investigation I've come to the conclusion that the CPU is bad. I've replaced it with the previous, i3, the PC booted fine but can't log on to Windows because it restarted at the Windows logo screen. I've replaced the 2x4GB RAM with the one stick of 2GB and all was ok, this time no blinking power LED. Today I purchased another CPU, i7 870 (wasn't that expensive being second hand also) so I could use 8GB RAM, knowing that with i7 860 it worked. Now all works well but the same blinking of power LED at boot seems to happen. My question is "Is this normal to happen, the blinking I mean, or it's a problem with RAM compatibility and it could damage the CPU again?" Again, with i3 procesor there was no blinking LED.
Sorry for my grammar, I'm not a native english speaker and I hope you understood my problem.
Thank in advance!