Official GIGABYTE Forum

Cant boot from SSD

Cant boot from SSD
« on: November 10, 2015, 10:07:11 pm »
MOBO gigabyte 970a-ds3p bios ver f2f windows 7
Hi

I have just fitted a Kingston 128gb ssd, I have cloned my C: drive, it became A:, believe it always wants to boot from C:

It wont boot, tried re-installing windows, says it cant complete the operation, tried using command prompt to fix boot, fix MBR and then rebuild BCD, all worked except rebuild BCD stated that its could not be installed, and that the hardware may not support booting from this disk, ensure the disks controller is enabled in the BIOS.
Also tried windows start up and repair, again refused to finish it.
I changed the bios to AHCI.

Tried disconnecting all except the SSD still nothing. Does this convert it to C:, rather than A:

But still nothing

HELP!

thanks

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Cant boot from SSD
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 11:25:28 pm »
What I would do is set the controller to AHCI and connect it to port 0. When I get to the point where ask you want to upgrade or custom I would do custom and delete all the partition. The other thing I would do is check to make sure you have nothing on the disk like a finger print.

The thing is when windows stop in the middle some place it could be any thing. Memory, the disk, the DVD drive, and even the SSD. You could try even another HHD to see if it is the SSD. If it installs then there could be something wrong with the SSD.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.