Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA990XA-UD3 Revision Problem

GA990XA-UD3 Revision Problem
« on: September 12, 2015, 09:58:36 am »
Dear All!

I bought the mobo a couple of days ago and I found something really strange. I don't know which revision I've got exactly.
This is my mobo picture...

The audio capacitors are gold colour. And the mark on the corner is rev 3.0. But if anybody check the official website pictures the capacitors need to be grey.

Only the rev 3.1 have gold capacitors.

So... any idea? Maybe my mobo is rev: 3.1,5 or what :P

And now, which driver need to be work? Rev: 3.0 or 3.1?

Thanks

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA990XA-UD3 Revision Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 10:49:11 am »
It will be a Rev. 3.0 as that is the number on the motherboard.

The different coloured capacitors could be due to the fact that they ran out of the others during production or your board was made just as the transition was being implemented.

BIOS and drivers are actually the same for both revisions of this motherboard anyway, but I would stick with using the Rev3.0 versions.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: GA990XA-UD3 Revision Problem
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 10:58:06 am »
It will be a Rev. 3.0 as that is the number on the motherboard.

The different coloured capacitors could be due to the fact that they ran out of the others during production or your board was made just as the transition was being implemented.

BIOS and drivers are actually the same for both revisions of this motherboard anyway, but I would stick with using the Rev3.0 versions.

Thanks your answer. I have problem with this mobo onboard sound, I opened another topic 2 days ago if you see. Today arrived a replacement mobo and see this colour issue but as you said maybe this is not a problem.