Official GIGABYTE Forum

Sound and Internet problem (Gigabyte GA-EG41MFT-US2H)

gakbez

Sound and Internet problem (Gigabyte GA-EG41MFT-US2H)
« on: April 02, 2010, 03:08:50 pm »
Windows 7
Gigabyte GA-EG41MFT-US2H
Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX+
4 GB DDR3 RAM
---
So, my problem is that i often get disconnected from the internet, but it comes back almost instantly, it's a hassle when i play games on the internet, because i get disconnected or get massive lag and/or lagspikes. I regulary get disconnected from MSN Messenger.

I also have a problem with the sound, when i play a song through iTunes or YouTube the sound stops for a brief period, but it still plays. It also makes annoying scratching noises. I hear sound through a Siberia V2 and it's soundcard which goes through USB, but it still occurs if i use other headphones into the jack channels.

Another odd thing that happens, if i turn on my lamp (Which is in the same power hub), the sound goes all the way up to 100% volume.

I've tried installing the motherboard drivers (Sound, Ethernet and Chipset[From both the Driver CD i got with the motherboard, and the the Gigabyte homepage), over and over again, but it doesn't do anything. I also checked the connections on the motherboard (If all the cables were in the right slots, all was in place etc.)

If you have a solution to this, then please answer.

Kind Regards, Gakbez

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Sound and Internet problem (Gigabyte GA-EG41MFT-US2H)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:43:31 pm »
Hi,

In another thread regarding Sound issues (http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,1641.0.html) mbdude has discovered that Gigabytes EasyTune 6 software was causing his sound problems. Are you using EasyTune 6? If you are, try un-installing it and see if both the sound and internet  problems persist.

Your internet connection being dropped and the delay lags/Spikes can be due to many things both software and hardware. Are you running 2 firewalls? Is your anti-virus causing a problem? Are you overclocking your rig? Is your Router/Modem OK?

I am more concerned with your lamp issue and would strongly recommend that you check out your wiring. Are you in the UK? The reason for asking this is the different way electricity is supplied in different countries and that will having a bearing on the issue and the best way to help, but switching your desk lamp on should NOT make changes to the PC audio.

ATB

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

gakbez

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 09:26:43 pm »
Thank you for your time absic115.

I uninstalled the EasyTune 6 Software. It didn't solve anything, and i didn't use it anyway, so i'll just let it be as it is now.

I am not running any kind of 3rd party firewall, so i'm pretty sure that i only have the Windows one to care about.

I am using AVG Antivirus, and i can't find anything that could be a problem in the options or anything.

My router and internet connection is working, and i know this because my laptop can connect fine to the internet through cable. I am not Overglocking anything.

The lamp incident has only occured once, but i might try connecting all the power cables to another hub, to see if anything happens.

Earlier today i tried to connect my speakers to the computer, the sound was still bad, and when i tried to turn up the volume on the speakers, i had to lift my feet of the floor and touch the computers case for it to work. I thought it could have something to do with the powercircuit, so i tried connecting a cable from the inside of the cab to a radiator, to get it grounded, but it causes no effect.

Thank you for taking the time to look into my problem.

Kind regards, Gakbez.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 09:39:49 pm »
Hi,

from what your saying I would be focusing my attention on your electrics. As I asked before, are you in the UK? If not where are you in the world?

Have you had these problems since you built/got your PC or is it something that has just started happening?

What PSU are you using? Could there be a fault with it?

Sorry for all the questions and not being able to give you an answer but I am just trying to figure out where the problem is and how it started so if I can't help you, others on the forum will have a clear idea of what's going on.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

gakbez

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 10:04:16 pm »
Well, sadly, i am in Denmark.

Well, i changed my earlier motherboard to this model, and then later ( a few days ago) i upgraded from Vista to Windows 7, and then the problems occured.

My PSU  worked fine before, so it would be really really strange to me if it was the PSU that was the problem.

Don't worry, i much rather answer questions than asking them :P

Kind regards, Gakbez.