Official GIGABYTE Forum

X99M G1 Gaming 5 Rapid Beeps + Boot Loop

X99M G1 Gaming 5 Rapid Beeps + Boot Loop
« on: December 05, 2015, 04:12:14 am »
My new build with an X99M Gaming 5 will give me 20+ continuous rapid beeps then reboot itself.  Debug LED says either 60 or more likely b0, neither of which really mean anything.

X99M Gaming 5
64GB (4x16) Corsair LPX DDR4 2666
HD7990
SeaSonic 850W Gold PSU
950 Pro SSD

I am guessing it is probably a RAM issue having to do with my 16GB DIMMs based on the latest Beta BIOS description.  If I take all of the RAM out I get Debug LED code 53 which is a RAM error, makes sense.  Beeps stay the same without any RAM also.  I have tried a single stick in all slots, same every time, b0 code and rapid beeps. 

Is there a way to flash the BIOS without RAM, or am I stuck buying a cheap stick of DDR4 and crossing my fingers that it solves the problem and lets me flash the BIOS?

Re: X99M G1 Gaming 5 Rapid Beeps + Boot Loop
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 06:41:41 am »
i guess you answered your self, just get a cheap ram module or if any of your friends have a system with ddr4, borrow the ram do a bios update and hope for the best.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 10:11:08 pm »
Yeah swapping in a 4GB DIMM then flashing the BIOS fixed that problem.

I do have another boot loop problem now however.  Whenever I turn the system on, it will power up, not post, then turn itself off, power on again, and boot normally the second time.  Why does it do this?  It more than doubles boot up times.  Also, today I had it go through the no post reboot loop continuously until I reset the CMOS.

Do I have one of these boards with bent pins?

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 04:59:27 pm »
Yeah swapping in a 4GB DIMM then flashing the BIOS fixed that problem.

I do have another boot loop problem now however.  Whenever I turn the system on, it will power up, not post, then turn itself off, power on again, and boot normally the second time.  Why does it do this?  It more than doubles boot up times.  Also, today I had it go through the no post reboot loop continuously until I reset the CMOS.

Do I have one of these boards with bent pins?

i have about the same problem as i posted here http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=16705.0

i still haven't found any solution i tried lots of things with no luck, i believe its some incompatibility with ram or maybe ssd or hdd or maybe even with vga. for me the workaround is to turn the psu off (central power off) then on again after few seconds, if i do that it boots normal every time.