Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z97-D3H won't send signal to monitor unless RAM physically reconfigured before b

teh_roopak

I recently upgraded Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10 and updated all my drivers.
My computer won't send a signal to my screen unless I take the RAM sticks out and put them in a different slot before booting.
I've tried reverting back to Windows 7 with no luck.
I've tried a clean install of Windows 10 with no luck.

I'm fairly sure this is a software issue but I simply don't know what's wrong and what I can do.

I'm at my wit's end.

Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)   
BIOS Version/Date   American Megatrends Inc. F4, 25/04/2014
SMBIOS Version   2.7   
Embedded Controller Version   255.255
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   16.0 GB   Kingston Hyper Beast RAM sticks
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Disk drive   ADATA SP900    256GB

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
One way to test it is disconnect all the drives and see what happens. If it still does it then it isn't software. But if it doesn't do it. Then plug one drive in at a time to see what drive is causing the problem.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

teh_roopak

One way to test it is disconnect all the drives and see what happens. If it still does it then it isn't software. But if it doesn't do it. Then plug one drive in at a time to see what drive is causing the problem.
Cool, I'll give that a go and post results.

Two things have happened since: I woke up one morning to find my computer had turned itself on during the night, so I turned it off by holding the power button and then switched of the power supply.
After having the power supply off all day, my computer booted just fine; though I'm not holding my breath that the issue has fixed itself.