Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-P55-USB3 Rev 2.0 Only restart freezing at BIOS Splash

ABully

GA-P55-USB3 Rev 2.0 Only restart freezing at BIOS Splash
« on: September 26, 2016, 03:37:38 pm »
Hi guys

My rig is 6 years old with GA-P55-USB3 Rev 2.0 mobo and i5 760. I recently purchased HyperX PCIE 2.0 SSD SHPM2280P2H 240 GB. Fresh installed Windows 10 without removing the old HDD with Windows 7 (realized the mistake later). Everything went fine except for the boot startup asking which OS to choose. Once Win 10 loaded, found the desktop edges were cut at all four sides. I knew scaling option in the Radeon Catalyst software in Win 7 but unfortunately the graphic I have doesnt support Win 10. Bummer.

Went back to Win 7 ultimate on the SSD and after a few hiccups now running alright. Except for the restart - If i restart from windows, it shuts down properly and then comes up to the Gigabyte BIOS Flash screen and hangs. Frozen for ever. I hit the power button to switch off and then back on and it works fine. If I shut down the PC from Windows, it starts normally. Just freezes during restart.

From what I could find online from various forums, I guess it could be something to do with the BIOS settings. I did change a few values after i installed the SSD like SATA control mode to AHCI. Probably switched to defaults on some screens as well.

I would appreciate if someone could help me with this windows restart freeze part.

Thanks a bunch.

phantom_x

Re: GA-P55-USB3 Rev 2.0 Only restart freezing at BIOS Splash
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 08:26:53 pm »
actually , u no need to open another topic.
i will give all my replies here:
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=17861.0