Official GIGABYTE Forum

X370 Gaming 5 Orange light.

BoNfiRe

X370 Gaming 5 Orange light.
« on: May 04, 2017, 09:26:17 am »
Just got my new motherboard a few days ago, and have it all setup. My only issue is, there's an orange light next to the B BIOS chip, is there any way to disable this? I have included a pic, but the quality is poo, but you can clearly see the orange light in question.
Thanks
-B

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: X370 Gaming 5 Orange light.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 12:44:52 pm »
Hi,

I have a different motherboard but with the same BIOS LED's and I have never found a way to turn them off. However, I have found that a small piece of, black insulting tape, over the offending LED works wonders.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

BoNfiRe

Re: X370 Gaming 5 Orange light.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 05:15:19 pm »
Hi,

I have a different motherboard but with the same BIOS LED's and I have never found a way to turn them off. However, I have found that a small piece of, black insulting tape, over the offending LED works wonders.

This really doesn't solve my problem, and the thought of sticking tape to it is just silly.
Why on earth is this done, with no option to disable it, or even change its colour?!