Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z270-HD3P - shutdown instead of restart

Rapkix

Z270-HD3P - shutdown instead of restart
« on: May 11, 2017, 09:00:44 am »
Hello all. I have problem with my board - Z270-HD3P. As it's is clearly see from topic name, problem is whenever i try restart PC (from BIOS or Windows - doesnt matter on situation) PC just shutdown and then after 2-3 secs again boot up and continue normally working. Probably it's related to problem with XMP Profile, because without it - it works (almost) everytime flawlessly and without shutdowns at all. I´ve updated to latest BIOS F6 and problem still persists (before i had F5- with same problem).

Strange thing is - My memory is on QVL (Qualified Vendor List) to my motherboard. Tried other PSU, changing RAM to other slots, with one RAM stick and still same. Rest of my rig is : i5 7600k, RX 580 8GB, Seasonic M12II-EVO 620, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz, CL15, 1-SSD, 2-HDDs.

Any suggestion?

Phroster

Re: Z270-HD3P - shutdown instead of restart
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 11:30:37 pm »
Same issue as you posted in the other thread.

I also tried everything until I found out it has something to do with XMP.

I would make a support ticket with Gigabyte.
GA-Z270X Gaming7, I7 7700k @ 4.6Ghz, 2x Corsair LPX 8GB x 2 @ 3200mhz, Asus Strix Geforce 980Ti, Samsung EVO 960 1TB.

Rapkix

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 06:35:27 pm »
Seems like there is no answer from gigabyte or any solution (except reflashing to F4, which i am not gonna do it for some risks). And this problem persists also as i can see on other boards too. Gigabyte, come on. Let's make new BIOS with fix for us. Anyway i have Corsair memory too, exactly this model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15  (Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB, 3000Mhz, CL15, 1.35v). This memory is on QVL, so this memory was tested by Gigabyte and its certified for this mainboard. So i am really disappointed from this. Also i´ve wrote on Gigabyte support.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 06:36:22 pm by Rapkix »

Rapkix

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 06:55:01 pm »
Hello all. Again going up this thread, because of lack actions from Gigabyte team. I was contacting Gigabyte support again for check if there is BIOS or some kind of fix for that. And after 2 months (almost) waiting for reply (there is still open ticket, where they saying - sending this to technical team, wait for reply) i decided to contact them again. Now they told me, it's not BIOS related or triggered by BIOS (really gigabyte? look on other topic with Z270X-Gaming 7 - SAME PROBLEM like on this my board Z270-HD3P) and they recommends me to try : 1) one stick ram in each slot, 2) change voltage for RAM to 1.4v, 3) try to other RAM sticks. Well, i tried points 1 and 2, with no luck. This problem is really need to be fixed asap. This issue is PITA and i am waiting for BIOS (like others for their boards) too much long. And i am not alone, who thinks (not only in my case with this board) thats a problem with compatibility of RAM (Corsair especially) with Gigabyte motherboards (also with this mine model - Z270-HD3P). I am gonna give it last chance, otherwise... I am gonna buy motherboard from other brand, if there is no solution for that.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 06:56:50 pm by Rapkix »

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 10:42:03 pm »
Hello all. Again going up this thread, because of lack actions from Gigabyte team. I was contacting Gigabyte support again for check if there is BIOS or some kind of fix for that. And after 2 months (almost) waiting for reply (there is still open ticket, where they saying - sending this to technical team, wait for reply) i decided to contact them again. Now they told me, it's not BIOS related or triggered by BIOS (really gigabyte? look on other topic with Z270X-Gaming 7 - SAME PROBLEM like on this my board Z270-HD3P) and they recommends me to try : 1) one stick ram in each slot, 2) change voltage for RAM to 1.4v, 3) try to other RAM sticks. Well, i tried points 1 and 2, with no luck. This problem is really need to be fixed asap. This issue is PITA and i am waiting for BIOS (like others for their boards) too much long. And i am not alone, who thinks (not only in my case with this board) thats a problem with compatibility of RAM (Corsair especially) with Gigabyte motherboards (also with this mine model - Z270-HD3P). I am gonna give it last chance, otherwise... I am gonna buy motherboard from other brand, if there is no solution for that.
Hi,

I had same issue with new BIOS my MB is Z270 Gaming K3. After update to version F7 my PC has started did this too. Next day I found BIOS F8b and same problem. After downgrade to F6 ( which is not on Gigabyte site now ) was problem solved. I contacted technical support and I am disgusted after their replies. If new BIOS doesnt solve this problem I leave Gigabyte forever.

Rapkix

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 07:26:00 pm »
I can agree this problem is gone, with new latest official released bios F7 for my motherboard, but in changelog there is no "fix with problem XMP / RAM Profile", just Flaw issue with HT.:). But i'am glad its gone this problem!!

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 11:55:40 am »
I have 16 gigs of G.Skill which I run them overclocked to 1600MH at 8-8-8-24 from 1333 9-9-9-27 and after latest bios flash I have no problems.