Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-AX370-Gaming K7 code 46

alforan

GA-AX370-Gaming K7 code 46
« on: May 25, 2017, 05:07:39 pm »
Hi, my gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 suddenly started to stop booting with/at code 46, which is reported as not used or reserved in the manual. I would like some information about my problem. Thanks in advance.

BoNfiRe

Re: GA-AX370-Gaming K7 code 46
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 11:09:46 am »
I would try and change the BIOS as it has dual BIOS and see if that helps. Also, try and change the RAM to different slots and maybe one stick at a time, assuming you have more than one dim anyway. Does it post at all?

alforan

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 11:55:23 am »
I would try and change the BIOS as it has dual BIOS and see if that helps. Also, try and change the RAM to different slots and maybe one stick at a time, assuming you have more than one dim anyway. Does it post at all?

It does not post; after about 1/2 seconds, the display shows 46 and it stops there, the cpu fun spins, but that's all; I tried a brand new ram kit, a brand new psu. What I am interested in is: is the mb the problem or it is the cpu itself?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 12:01:48 pm »
Without more information about your hardware it's really difficult to offer any practical help.

Could you please post back with FULL system specs, as the issue maybe with something other than the CPU or Motherboard.

Also some history would help.
Are all components new or, are some from previous build(s)?
Was the PC working and then developed this issue or is it a new build?
If the PC was working, what OS are you using and was it a clean install?

I know it is tedious but the more info you can provide the better. I have this board and it is working fine so, comparing notes might help me isolate the problem for you.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

alforan

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 12:58:42 pm »
Without more information about your hardware it's really difficult to offer any practical help.

Could you please post back with FULL system specs, as the issue maybe with something other than the CPU or Motherboard.

Also some history would help.
Are all components new or, are some from previous build(s)?
Was the PC working and then developed this issue or is it a new build?
If the PC was working, what OS are you using and was it a clean install?

I know it is tedious but the more info you can provide the better. I have this board and it is working fine so, comparing notes might help me isolate the problem for you.

I reused only the psu; Everything else was brand new. The system run fine for days, suddenly at a morning switch on, it failed to boot with that error. I then tried a brand new psu.
My system is:
Corsair rm650i (brand new, to test if the previous used Enermax was the cause of the problem)
GA-AX370-Gaming K7
Ryzen 5 1600
Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 / GSkill TridZ K2 Schede memoria D4 3200 16GB C14
Gigabyte GTX 750ti

The "problem" is that I can rma the mb easly, but I can't rma the cpu that way. So I am just curios about that code. I mean... Does it indicate some failure? Or it is the next error code that should be shown that indicates the real problem? Is it the mb? The cpu?

PS
I never tried any kind of oc.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 01:09:29 pm by alforan »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 02:05:12 pm »
Really frustrating when things were working fine then go down like this.

What HDD's, SSD's are you using?
What kind of cooling for the CPU  & system are you running?

I know it was mentioned in an earlier post but have you tried switching between the BIOS chips by using the on-board switches?

I don't know what the error code is referring to. When my system posts & boots normally it shows code 24. However, when it comes out of sleep mode it shows a different code which I think is 30.

I'll do a few tests to see if I can see at which point code 46 comes up on the board as its posting.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 08:23:39 am »
Any luck? I have the same issue and don't know if is motherboard or gpu or cpu 😭