Official GIGABYTE Forum

Email support to find out if motherboard has a known issue and possible RMA?

Merlin

I've posted a thread in one of the other sub forums here about temperature readings seeming to be a bit screwed up.
Is there an email address I can write to find out for sure if there's any known sensor issue with the GA-MA770 UD3 rev 2.0?
I've got a 79C reading and a member here just told me that he has the same motherboard but a different model phenom processor
from mine.  He has the same 79C which he says is a bug.
But I have other temp reading mixups and want to know if they're known about, or if it's nothing to do with the motherboard, or if it's the bios version.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:59:21 pm by Merlin »

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Hi

There is not any known issue with this MB.

3-rd party software you use which reads 79 C temperature - it shows it as it tries to detect it from some non-existent sensor on the MB that's why it does not change when CPU is loaded or idle.
This topic has been already discussed here:
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,406.msg1846.html#msg1846

The bug is from 3-rd party software side not from the MB as both internal BIOS monitoring and Easy Tune shows reasonable temps (not 79 C, but much lower)

Regarding contact email you can use following address: http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/ServiceCenter.aspx
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:11:28 pm by runn3R »
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Merlin

Re: Email support to find out if motherboard has a known issue and possible RMA
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 06:08:51 pm »
runn3R, you're a star, thank you very much! That clears up the redundant 79C for good, and there seems to be nothing wrong with my lovely new motherboard :)

I know this isn't the forum for asking more about temperatures as it's the RMA forum, but I've been searching for the answers
to my remaining questions for ages without success in the sub forum and the AMD forums,  and I'd like to put closure to them and you seem quite knowledgeable.
If I can just put these questions to you and if you
happen to know the answer that would be awesome.

1. I was told that core temp should always be higher than socket temp, and so I thought there was a sensor problem because my core temp of 32 is lower than my TMPIN0 and TMPIN1 temps which are respectively 34 and 46. Since that guys screenshot also shows his core temp lower than his TMPIN0 and TMPIN1, I assume it's meant to be that way. So if that is the case, do you happen to know what TMPIN0 and TMPIN1 are referring to? Is one motherboard and one cpu socket, because my bios reports CPU 46 the same temp as my TMPIN1.

2. Since the max operating temp of my processor the phenom 550BE is 70C, does that refer to my core temp (@32) or my socket temp (@46)? And which would I regard as my TRUE cpu temp, core or socket?

Don't worry if you can't answer these, I just thought I'd take the liberty of asking if you're still around. Many thanks!

Merlin

Re: Email support to find out if motherboard has a known issue and possible RMA
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 04:36:57 am »
Skip the above, I'm pretty much sorted now.  ;)

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Hi

See my replies at:
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,521.msg2435.html#msg2435

if any new questions arise then I suggest to continue discussion there, tks :)
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)