Official GIGABYTE Forum

EasyTune6 Won't run

ex58

Re: EasyTune6 Won't run
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 12:14:58 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys !!   I will get rid of ET6 and stick to the bios then.    Thanks again.   Any suggestions for a good utility to monitor the MB power, fans, and temps ??

TDS,

Don't follow Aussie Allan's advice to use Motherboard Monitor :P...the poor guy has been trapped in a time warp where he is stuck in 2004 :-\....this is 2011, and there are much, much better programs...

I have found the following two diagnostic software programs invaluable:

CPUID HW Monitor

You can read about it and download it here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

System Information for Windows [SIW] (this one is my favorite)!

You can read about it and download it here: http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

I have the freeware version and it works excellent!

SIW is my favorite because it is so incredibly comprehensive.  I've not found anything even close to what it can do.

Hope this helps!

Sorry Aussie Allan!  We are still asking Scottie to fix that transformer beam to get you back with us to page [year] 2011!

Beam me up!

Soar

CPUID HW Monitor is crap,didn't update from 29.November 2010 !!
All voltage info is wrong.

SIW 0526???

All voltage info is wrong,CPU temp showing 5C higher,etc.....

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 07:34:40 pm »

Ground hog day again!......Huh! where am I ?........not cornflakes again!.......I definitely gotta change these underpants .....Tomorrow!

AA

LOL!

Dear AA,

You have consistently given excellent advice to me and countless other people here....so a very, very, big thank you for your time, effort, and most of all expertise!

But....on the other hand...so sorry, Motherboard Monitor is pre-historic!

:-*

Soar
AMD 1055T
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
XFX 6870 DD
Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB
OCZ ZX-850 Watt Gold
HAF 932

Intel i5-3570
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
GeForce 560Ti
OCZ ZX-850 Watt Gold
CM HAF X Blue

Both Systems:

Windows 7+10
Scythe Temp Monitor + Fan Controller

Aussie Allan

• A yoyo uses all three fundermental laws of phisics
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 10:34:27 pm »

Ground hog day again!......Huh! where am I ?........not cornflakes again!.......I definitely gotta change these underpants .....Tomorrow!

AA

LOL!

Dear AA,

You have consistently given excellent advice to me and countless other people here....so a very, very, big thank you for your time, effort, and most of all expertise!

But....on the other hand...so sorry, Motherboard Monitor is pre-historic!......And the best Program I ever used! hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

:-*

Soar
  Thanks for the pat on the back Soar .......and the slap to the back of the head.........dislodged the size 12 out of my mouth nicely ;D

Now For The Truth!

"Now in my clients defence your honour"......"he stated"    I like Motherboard monitor but to be honest, I generally download and use it only when I have problems!...., .......... the truth is your honour , my client has not had any problems since 2004 .... ::) ;D :D ;) :-X

Aussie Allan
i7-4790K @4.8GHz 24/7 water clock
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage
C: Evo 970 Pro 512gb
Scratch:Evo 970 Plus 512gb

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 01:06:52 am »
LOL!

AA, you should be on TV as best comedian!  That was so good.  Thanks for the great laughter and good attitude.

You guys here are the best!

Never a dull moment!

Soar
AMD 1055T
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
XFX 6870 DD
OCZ ZX-850 Watt Gold
HAF 932

Intel i5-3570
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
GeForce 560Ti
OCZ ZX-850 Watt Gold
CM HAF X Blue

Both Systems:

Windows 7+10
Scythe Temp Monitor + Fan Controller

sdunnin

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 04:26:44 pm »
Hey, thanks this was the answer I was looking for. I agree, what dumb behavior for a desktop link. As a software developer that type of user unfriendly design is just plain bad...

Okay, I found out what is happening .... I don't know if I should feel stupid, or what .... but I think this behavior should be mentioned in the documentation (it is not) and/or maybe with some screen message .... BUT .... installing EasyTune6 creates a desktop shortcut .... and you would think that clicking on this shortcut would launch the applications (right ???) ..... well, it doesn't, clicking on the desktop shortcut then creates a Taskbar icon, and it is hidden by windows by default (at least on my system) .... I just happened to be messing with my TaskBar configuration and noticed this icon I didn't recognize, I clicked it and the EasyTune6 screen appeared.   So all that clicking the EasyTune desktop shortcut does is to add an icon to the TaskBar, which on my system was a hidden icon that I couldn't see being added.   Maybe this was the same behavior that others were getting when they also thought that the program was not running for them.   

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 07:19:04 am »
The thing is these programs are bundled with the motherboards as " added value" and as a company Gigabyte sees them as something to sweeten the deal. I suspect they are not even written by the company themselves but by a third party who probably doesn't understand the intricacies of using the program.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

jcnlv

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 03:46:31 pm »
I have been caught out myself before with programs acting like that. As you say if you don't notice them open up minimsed in the tray you think nothing has happened. ;)

I just went through the same thing... and all the time there EasyTune6 was --  in the "hidden icons" section of the task bar!-- I probably spent at least an hour of time trying to find out what was up with this EasyTune6 thing... uninstalling and reinstalling... all a total waste of my time for something so simple that was not setup to be logical, and not mentioned in the manual.  Disappointed in Gigabyte there.

So now I have it and it seems I am better off using a 3rd party app? oh well... live and learn... (unfortunately that doesn't really apply when I only build or upgrade every other year ;-) )

Great Forum... glad I found it!  I found no mention of this forum on the US Gigabyte website... http://www.gigabyte.us/  which I feel is really a disservice to Gigabyte US customers as that is where you go first for help. It made finding answers real hit and miss.

Now if I can just get my system to allow me to access the BIOS once again, and boot-up at all with a usb 3.0 card reader plugged in, and be able to use all 1866 mghz of my ram... and maybe bump up the processor speed a bit... I will be a happy guy... til then..still not satisfied.

GA-990FXA-UD3
AMD FX-8120
G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
Seagate ST3500630AS Hard Drive
512MB GeForce 9800 GTX+ (EVGA)
BIOS Award Software International, Inc., Version    F5 Date    10/13/2011

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 06:36:39 am »
Sorry to hear about all the hassles you went through on this!

Gigabyte US support is here if you need us :D
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 12:49:09 pm »
Thanks for this solution for getting Easytune going (Z77D3H); I'm another who has tried and tried, uninstalled, installed update from website etc.
 You would think they would have fixed this by now, instead of leaving it hidden away.

I did also have big problems with getting the BIOS going; could only get into it by taking out battery etc, unplugging monitor, restart, wait 30 secs then plug in monitor.
Suspected maybe monitor may have had something todo with it, got new 23 inch and immediately fine, just one hit of 'delete' and in as should be. Previous motherboards were happy my old 16 inch CRO screen, but maybe someone decided it was time to ignore small screens.

Anyway I joined just to thank you