Official GIGABYTE Forum

EP45-UD3R crashes while 3d gaming after approx 25 mins

EP45-UD3R crashes while 3d gaming after approx 25 mins
« on: September 23, 2009, 11:31:51 am »
Built up a new putey last week with  ep45-ud3r  2x2gb kingston pc6400 ram, gigabyte nv gf8800gts 640mb, 500gb samsung hdd.  cooler master 650W psu. Runnning XP Pro sp3

Think i saw once when it booted, come up with system has recovered from serious error blah blah blah . seemed ok since, just a one off.
Ever since i built it,  i play games for about a half hour then it crashes. Dont seem to matter which games , cod4 mw red faction guerrilla etc .  first it would just go back to desktop, but now it seems to just go all funny on the  screen with graphics corruption and it totally freezes the putey and cant get out of it without a reset  . The videocard is the only thing that is not new but it was straight out of my other putey [p35-ud3p] and was working flawlessly before i put it in this.

MB is running the F6bios. runs fine apart from this problem with gaming. system is at std spec nothing overclocked.  tried disabling all the eist and other green features in the bios  but makes no difference. Tried diff drivers 109.62.  190.38. , 186.18  , also using driver cleaner pro in safe mode  to uninstall,  all to no avail.

Alos cos of the time factor to get it to crash seemed like an overheating issue maybe with the vid card so i pulled apart the cooler and put new thermal paste and cleaned all the dust out of it but it was pretty clean any way. i then did a temp check of it with the nv control panel extra thing and found the temps to be around 45C at idle and around 65C under load. seems ok . wonder about the  psu ?
cpu runs around 38C at idle and around 55C full load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
cheers ...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 11:36:33 am by GURU7OF9 »

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: EP45-UD3R crashes while 3d gaming after approx 25 mins
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 02:15:04 pm »
Was it a fresh install of Windows?

Hmm strange heres a few things you can try:

Running a memtest
Running with 1 stick of RAM
Reseating all connections
Trying a different graphics card - i know you said it was fine in your old pc, but is worth a try

Let us know how you get on :)
There's no place like ::1