Official GIGABYTE Forum

"Have option rom cannot be invoke" GA-890FXA-UD7

"Have option rom cannot be invoke" GA-890FXA-UD7
« on: November 03, 2011, 11:07:05 pm »
Hey all,

Apologies if someone has covered this, but I have been searching the forum for a good 30 mins and cannot find anything.

I have a GA-890FXA-UD7 and I am trying to expand my hard drives some more with RAID.

What I have currently is:

WD Raptor SATA3 in OnChip Port_4                                               ----> This is working as expected.
DVDRW in OnChip Port_5                                                                ----> This is working as expected.
LSI MegaRAID SAS card with 4 x 300GB SAS drives in a RAID10   ----> This is working as expected.
G-RAID Chip - 2 x 1TB SATA                                                           ----> This is working as expected.

What I want to do now, is add 4 x SATA 2TB HDD in a RAID10 on the OnChip SATA.

They are all plugged in, in ports 0,1,2,3.

In the BIOS, Ports 0-3 are set as RAID with RAID5 support disabled (as I dont need this).
Port_4 and 5 are set as IDE (So the WD Raptor boots my OS from Port_4)

When I boot up however, I do not get the option to press Ctrl+F to setup the OnChip RAID. I just get a warning saying:

WARNING: Have option rom cannot be invoke ID1002h DEV4392h

I have tried disabling USB Legacy Support (suggested on a Google search) and I have also updated the BIOS from F3 to F4 and cleared DMI pool data. I still get the error however and I cannot setup the RAID.

Can anyone suggest anything, it's driving me insane!

Chris

Additional Info:

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
RAM - 8GB Corsair Dominator CMD8GX3M4A1333C7 Black Edition
GPU - ATI RADEON HD6970
RAID CARD - LSI MegaRAID 8704EM2
PSU - Enermax Galaxy 1000W
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:14:27 pm by thelogger »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: "Have option rom cannot be invoke" GA-890FXA-UD7
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 06:49:42 am »
Hi there,

the problem could be due to the LSI Mega RAID SAS Card that you have installed. I can't remember where I read it but I seem to recollect reading on the forum that there is sometimes an issue when trying to invoke two RAID arrays controlled by different chips.

The best advice would be to contact Gigabyte Technical Support as they would be able to confirm or deny this.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: "Have option rom cannot be invoke" GA-890FXA-UD7
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 04:39:34 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I will do that. I'll update the post with the reply from them.