Questions about GIGABYTE products > Motherboards with Intel processors

Solution: GA-P35-DS3 Rev 1.0 BIOS F14 SATA AHCI Native Mode hangs at HDD detecti

<< < (2/5) > >>

kondra:
1) Another way I sometimes use is by creating a Windows 7 PE CD. With this you can boot in legacy IDE mode and hex edit your HDD. You should place a hex editor on a USB stick and you should know how to launch programs by the command prompt, because the PE disc will only show a cmd prompt after boot.

2) I think you will not be losing much, but this is only my own opinion. I did enable AHCI, because I installed a new SSD in my system and wanted to get as much performance as possible. I think with a normal platter HDD it simply doesn't matter at all.

Btw: The best solution would be if a new Gigabyte BIOS would address this issue. I still wonder why no one of the developers seems to be interested in fixing this issue. At least I have not been contacted by anyone so far.

Dark Mantis:

--- Quote from: kondra on June 20, 2012, 12:11:50 pm ---Btw: The best solution would be if a new Gigabyte BIOS would address this issue. I still wonder why no one of the developers seems to be interested in fixing this issue. At least I have not been contacted by anyone so far.

--- End quote ---

That is probably purely because you have only posted the information as you see it here on the forum. Although employees do frequent the forum obviously they can't read every post that is new and so yours may well have been missed. I would suggest contacting GGTS and let them know directly.

Just enter your email address and click on the language of choice.

GGTS   http://ggts.gigabyte.com/

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/support-downloads.aspx

Please expect several days for a reply.

kondra:
Thanks for the tip Dark Mantis!
I followed your advice and contacted GGTS with a link to this thread and a short explanation of the problem.

RobD:

--- Quote from: kondra on March 27, 2012, 07:40:28 pm --- Keep in mind that I am a bloody noob, which still tries to understand how these computers work, but getting better
in it every day.

--- End quote ---

Duuude!! Your into reversing bios's back to 16 bit assembly to fix problems and hex editing hdd's....and you call yourself a 'noob'!!! Get outa' here!!!
Outstanding work and very detailed analyses. Well done!!!   8)
My only reversing has been on nissan ecu's  :P

kondra:
I only try to fix the manufacturer problems which drive me mad. Trust me I spend some long time into the reversing process. Let's hope my analysis is correct, because I haven't patched the BIOS and reflashed it for verification.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version