Official GIGABYTE Forum

7970 windforce and eyefinity couple things unclear to me

mirkoj

7970 windforce and eyefinity couple things unclear to me
« on: April 07, 2012, 03:19:35 pm »
Heya,
I could again use some help.
1st one is for resolution.
I have enabled eyefinity over 3 monitors with 1 7970 oc windforce card. Works fine no problems there after some cable management.
But, 1st thing is Bezel compensation. Got that setup and it works great in windows but when I run mass effect 3 it is lost, No Bezel compensation effect there at all. Will check out couple other games soon but right now got nasty BF3 problems and cant really test with it.,
Another thing is resolution. I was looking around in control center and found Customize Eyefinity Desktop resolution.
Now I have 3x 2$" full HD monitors oso resolution shouldbe 5760x1080, but for current Desktop resolution I have here 6048x1080 and that is ingreen text.
Maximum resolution says 4800x900 and minimum 3840x720.
Soooo any idea what is going on with those resolutions?

Thank you!

mirkoj

Re: 7970 windforce and eyefinity couple things unclear to me
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 03:24:37 pm »
A bit more testing and looks like bezel is making problems with resolution :)
when I set bezel comp then I get that 6k weird resolution but also menus in mass effect look like zoomed couple times so can;t select anything there..
but when I set back resolution to 5760x1080 in windows then I loose bezel compensation completely , then menus in game works but no bezel compensation.
And when Bezel comp is enabled menus and start screens in mass effect looks like zoomed couple times.
I can get picture if it is unclear...
Would love to have bezel working with games so.. any advice?