Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-7VT600 BIOS issue

selmi

GA-7VT600 BIOS issue
« on: April 11, 2012, 11:07:11 pm »
Hello all,

I have a GA-7VT600 rev 1.x motherboard and today I tried to flash the BIOS to the lastest version (F15) using the @BIOS software.

I ran the software in windows 7 and while flashing a Blue Screen error message popped.

Now I can't do anything. When I power on my PC I can only see a black screen with no messages and no beeps. All the fans are working but nothing more.

I removed the battery in hope that this will solve the issue but it didn't.

The BIOS is not removable from the motherboard.

Is there any hope in recovering the BIOS settings from some backups or can I flash the BIOS again even though I can't see anything on the screen or should I go and buy another motherboard?

Thank you,

autotech

Re: GA-7VT600 BIOS issue
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 03:06:12 am »
if you have a floppy drive you can try to update it or reflash it thru dos. As it will load the floppy first you can also do this with a usb drive.  Is something for you to try.

THANKS TO ABSIC FOR THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION.

You will find a USB Stick is the best way of flashing BIOS so make sure the stick has been formatted in FAT32. Next copy the BIOS folder, that you have extracted (and saved on your desktop) to the USB Stick.

Leave the USB stick plugged into your PC and re-boot. As the PC starts up press the "END" key on your keyboard (you might have to press the "END" key several times during start-up before you see the message regarding QFlash, this is normal so don't worry just as you would the "DEL" key for entering BIOS). Don't worry if you enter BIOS instead as you can get to the QFlash utility by pressing the F8 key on your keyboard from the BIOS Home Screen.

The PC will enter the QFlash utility and you need to locate the folder on the USB Stick and then follow the on-screen instructions.

When the BIOS update is complete re-boot the PC and go back into BIOS.

Load optimised defaults, save and exit.

When the PC reboots you will see that the new BIOS is installed.

iF THIS DOESNT WORK THEN CONTACT GIGABYTE SUPPORT YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO SEND IT IN TO HAVE THEM DO IT.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:09:58 am by autotech »
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA

selmi

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 09:02:53 am »
When I turn on the computer I can only see a black screen and I don't even get to the point where the 'Energy Star' logo is displayed. I don't think I have any chance of running DOS in this state.

Unfortunately my PC doesn't have a floppy right now. Please inform me if the above is still valid in the current state ( only black screen ). will the pc still recognize the keyboard keys? Will I be able to solve this if I buy a new floppy drive?

Thank you,

EDIT===========

I already tried with the USB as suggested with no results.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:10:14 am by selmi »

selmi

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 04:59:16 pm »
The motherboard was dead and I had to buy a new one.

There was no dual bios on that board and no way to replace the broken one.

As a lesson learned to an advice, never, never flash your BIOS from Windows.

Cheers,