Official GIGABYTE Forum

Weird issue alert on Z77X-UD5H (Solution included)

Re: Weird issue alert on Z77X-UD5H (Solution included)
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 03:01:57 am »
Sorry for the Ming thread hijack. It will not post/beep. I cant even enter the BIOS. I know there are no moving parts on a mobo that would click so I don't know why it is doing that. I may try to completely remove the CMOS battery vs using the button. I am trying to work on it now.

thyrokio

• Insert inspiring quote.
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 03:27:18 am »
Do you mean that you will try the method below, which Dark Mantis suggested earlier? Also, here's a very detailed guide to dealing with No POST problems.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Method by Dark mantis:
The way you cleared the CMOS is fine for some things but often not thorough enough to remove the problem.  For an extended clear I would recommend  this procedure.

Remove the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.

Once done remove the motherboard battery overnight or for at least six hours before replacing it.

Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.

You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self like disabling the floppy drive, disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and then press F10 to save and exit.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:28:31 am by thyrokio »

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 05:19:06 am »
Yes. I tried that and it did work. It has been running for hours on end and went through several restarts for windows updates and program installs. Shut it down and left for a few hours. Tried to reboot and now it's is doing the same thing as before. I didn't try setting the front bus speed up as removing the battery to clear CMOS worked. Now it's hung again. Won't post or beep and I can't get into bios. I will remove the battery for CMOS and attempt to start using that "fix" as it worked before and changing the voltages.

thyrokio

• Insert inspiring quote.
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 03:38:21 pm »
Which voltages do you mean when you say "'Changing the voltages"? Upping the Base clock by such a tiny amount does not require a voltage change. Also, if you ever get it to boot multiple times successfully (10-15 times), I'd recommend updating the Bios to the latest version.

I had a similar issue once on an old PC. When I got it to boot, everything would be fine. But if I let it powered off for a little while (10+ minutes), it would refuse to boot unless I cleared the Bios. It would randomly refuse to POST and the bios would act oddly too. Turns out that simply redoing a Bios flash of the latest version (even though it was up to date) fixed the problem.

I concluded that the Bios got corrupted somehow, and that re-flashing it with the same version fixed the corruption/whatever problem. It worked fine since (1 month ago).

Perhaps your issue is a mix between the base clock one and a bad Bios?

jowek

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 08:58:07 am »
Thank you very much I got looping issue. Nothing help till bclock change.
Using new system for two days when this happened. Rev 1.1 current bios 15q.
So there is stiill something wrong