Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77-D3H: problems with PCI3 express slot

GA-Z77-D3H: problems with PCI3 express slot
« on: August 25, 2012, 08:44:25 pm »
Hi

My build; IB  i5-3570k, corsair 750ax psu, Noctua NH-D14 cpucooler, crucial m4 128 ssd. All wrapped up in a Ft02 case.

The board and all the above components are brand new.

So I bought this board, and everything went soundly till I tried to install my graphics card 7850 reference design. I was getting plenty of artifacting, and slideshow desktop. I assumed it was the card, so I rma the card. ( took  a month)

I recently purchased a 7950 which again is having the same problems. The card will power, but would not display correctly.
 I again thought I must be really unlucky.

So I installed an old 8800gt card. The card wasn't being picked up by the pci3 slot. So I tried the 4x slots,and the card works perfectly.

The motherboard was at f8 bios at purchase. Current bios is F18 and everything is stable, except the pci3 slot which is causing problems.

I think there is a problem with the slot pci3.

I have already lost the chance to retur the motherboard under  DSR since more than 30 days has passed.

So it's either the new card or the Motherboard causing problems?

Suggestions or should I rma the motherboard now?

Del

Re: GA-Z77-D3H: problems with PCI3 express slot
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 01:40:03 am »
"I have already lost the chance to return the motherboard under  DSR since more than 30 days has passed. "
Feels good don't it .n1 gigabyte . sorry but ppl have spent good money and get s*** support for there mistake.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 01:47:16 am by Del »