Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.0) - U1h / UEFI - Multi-Steps Load-Line

These are my current specs as of yesterday.
I was OC'd on the F12 BIOS, but decided to go stock for the new UEFI.

NZXT Phantom
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.0) - U1h
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.5Ghz
Corsair H100 CPU Cooler - Push/Pull
G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB @ 1333Mhz 7-7-7-21 XMP
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

After flashing to U1h using a bootable USB drive, I went back to the BIOS/UEFI to review and adjust my settings back to their usual values.
Under the voltage settings, the option "Multi-Steps Load-Line" has been removed and I can't seem to find it anywhere in the new UEFI menu.
This is my main issue. Where has this setting gone? Has it been renamed or replaced or entirely removed? It was an essential tool.

Before, I ran a consistent 1.260V @ 4.6Ghz using Multi-Steps Load-line - Level 8, seldom spiking a little to 1.320V under full load [Prime/Intel Burn TestV2/AIDA64].

Now, my processor jumps to as low as 1.00V and as high as 1.38V under ***stock*** CPU Ratio/Voltage configuration :o Any attempt to adjust CPU ratio higher than 2 bins results in crashes. Adjusting the Vcore higher to help stabilize doesn't work either. The moment the voltage drops at higher CPU ratios, I get the BSOD.

This is where that Multi-Steps Load-line calibration came in handy. Without that, the vdroop will cause any CPU overclock to crash. Now my processor at stock settings is being juiced up in unnecessary and uneven voltage changes (without the benefit of higher CPU ratios).

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

ex58

Re: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.0) - U1h / UEFI - Multi-Steps Load-Line
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 03:50:12 am »
Check in MIT/Advanced Voltage Setting/3D Power Control.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 08:23:42 am »
Just double checked and there is no option for 3D Power Control, it just shows the standard Vcore / Vtt/QPI / System Agent/ DRAM voltages and their current values and the option to change them.

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 08:21:51 pm »
I hate to double post, but I did not see an edit button for my last reply. I got into contact with technical support and that went as followed:

I stated my issue as I did in this forum:
"After flashing the BIOS from F12 to UEFI U1h, it seems I have lost the option of "Multi-Steps Load-Line" level calibration.
It used to be the first option under the voltage settings, but it is no longer there. Has the option been removed or renamed? Thank you for your help!"

They replied with:
"Dear Customer,
Since it is based on a different interface not all settings will be the same."

I responded:
"That option was standard and provided before the update in every BIOS version since purchase date. It is a feature I paid for when purchasing this motherboard. Telling me the settings won't be the same doesn't tell me what happened to the setting, so I'm afraid you did not answer my question."

They quickly followed up with "If the Award bios was more stable you will need to revert back to it."

Yeah, well no such luck. @BIOS will no longer flash any BIOS file saying something along the lines of "Vendor does not match", "Flashing BIOS Failed" or @BIOS will stop responding entirely and crash.

I tried to put the F12 BIOS and the files associated with it onto a bootable USB drive, but unfortunately it also gives me a compatibility issue and refuses to flash.

So I never found out what happened to this setting, technical support offered me absolutely NO HELP with this issue, and I can no longer flash back F12.

Any help or suggestions?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:18:20 pm by hellor4vr »

ex58

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 12:10:39 am »
Tried following the directions in the video. Everything was working until... Well I attached a snapshot of the message.

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 05:26:39 am »
I just ran into another problem today. My computer has been up and running since the previous post, but after a restart it started boot-looping. It seemed to have happened a set number of times before the Dual Bios feature kicked in and re-flashed the BIOS. Unfortunately, it is still U1h / UEFI.

This is starting to give me headaches. Any more suggestions?  

EDIT: I went ahead and tried the process all over again in safe-mode with admin rights and it seems to have worked. Going to turn off my computer, unplug the power cord for 15 seconds and hope it boots to F12.

Success. Reverted back to F12.

Thank you for your help ex58!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:19:28 am by hellor4vr »

ex58

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 07:36:06 am »
Good,
you can avoid this if you do with bootable USB drive in DOS.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 07:38:06 am by ex58 »