Official GIGABYTE Forum

problem with GA-P67A-UD3-B3

problem with GA-P67A-UD3-B3
« on: July 09, 2012, 03:13:38 pm »
I am running 3770k processor on it with F9 bios in windows 8 consumer preview toghether with gigabyte 680gtx.
The dpc latency was a bit high and my SSD disks slow, so i wanted to disable intel turbo and use locked multiplier instead.
But if i disable turbo the multiplier jumps to 35 instead of the multiplier i have chosen in bios.
And if i use turbo the multiplier is set to 37 instead of the multiplier set in bios.
Why have a multiplier setting if it doesnt work?
Is there any bios update coming soon?

RobD

Re: problem with GA-P67A-UD3-B3
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 07:08:02 pm »
Hi, have you read this thread http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,9237.0.html
It's a different m/b but similar issue that C-BuZz and I resolved.
In particular, have a look at the power state settings to disable in the pic he posted near the bottom of page 1.
You can leave eist enabled, though you will have to go to cpl > power options > advanced > processor > min power state and set it to 100% for constant clock regardless of load.
Some h/w temp monitor sofware e.g. cpuid, may not be able to pick up all the temp sensors if eist is disabled.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:12:44 pm »
Hi, have you read this thread http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,9237.0.html
It's a different m/b but similar issue that C-BuZz and I resolved.
In particular, have a look at the power state settings to disable in the pic he posted near the bottom of page 1.
You can leave eist enabled, though you will have to go to cpl > power options > advanced > processor > min power state and set it to 100% for constant clock regardless of load.
Some h/w temp monitor sofware e.g. cpuid, may not be able to pick up all the temp sensors if eist is disabled.

Hello! =)

No i had not read it. Almost same problem. Thanks you!
My power states are both at 100%, the multiplier never changes while in windows.

Deeper in the thread i read that you changed the core turbo ratio? How did you manage to do that?
For me all the turbo ratios are grayed out so I cant select or change any turbo ratio.
It doesnt matter if i choose automatic enabled or disabled on turbo, they are still unselectable. :(

Another wierd thing is that .. if i disable turbo and put 39 multiplier the bios will still say thgat the processor is running 35 multiplier.
So i can either have 35 multiplier (non turbo) or 37 multiplier (turbo) in windows.

I have not tried reduce multiplier, i will try what happens if i use 30 multiplier non turbo. brb. =)

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 08:26:23 pm »
I tested some more... I also noticed that using turbo will reduce FSB to 700mhz?? How wierd is that?

turbo disabled multiplier 30
When I put multiplier 30 then min turbo multiplier equals 30 and max turbo multiplier equals 30.. CPU is running at 3.0ghz and  FSB 1000mhz.

turbo disabled multiplier 39
bios says that min turbo multiplier is 35 and max turbo multiplier is 35. CPU is running at 3.5ghz and FSB 1000mhz.

Turbo enabled
min turbo multiplier stuck at 35 max turbo multiplier stuck at 37. CPU running at 3.7ghz and  FSB 700mhz ???

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:27:27 pm by 82rambo »

RobD

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 01:43:32 am »
It doesnt matter if i choose automatic enabled or disabled on turbo, they are still unselectable. :(

You have to use page up/down keys to change those values [they're not a drop down list], or do you mean that they are greyed out as per disabled mode?

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 09:00:51 pm »
sorry. i ment they are greyed out as in disabled!  :)