Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H A75 Socket FM1 Dual Monitor

Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H A75 Socket FM1 Dual Monitor
« on: July 25, 2012, 12:31:27 pm »
Hi All,

Just purchased a new MOBO / memory & APU as below to replace my ageing rig.

I need dual monitors running as I use the rig as a Karaoke / DJ. In my old giga board I output via the VGA port to Karaoke screens the DVI to my screen.

Problem is no matter how I config this board, I can not get it to see two monitors plugged into the VGA & DVI ports. I know if I enable dual DVI output in the BIOS it disables ALL the other ports, but when I do this I get a max resolution of 860 which can not be changed. If I disable the Radeon driver and use the stock Windows 7 driver I can get full range of resolution !.

I disable the BIOS dual DVI option and the board will not see the DVI monitor but will see a monitor in the VGA port.

First system I have built with the FM1 footprint.

The other thing is the rear on board USB ports will not recognise anything plugged in on POST, until Windows boots up.

Is this a fault on the board or have I over looked something?

Main Hardware Information:
CPU AMD 3870K 3GHz Socket FM1 4MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
RAM Kingston 2GB DDR3 1600MHz HyperX Blu Memory CL9 1.65V (x2)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H A75 Socket FM1
Video Card Non
PSU 300w

Other Hardware Information :
Monitor Acer P233W
HDD/SSDs Samsung 80GB SATA
Optical Drives

Software Information:
Operating System : Windows 7 x64
Video Card Drivers in Use ( and tried ): MOBO Driver CD (Latest Catalyst)
Motherboard Drivers Used: MOBO Driver CD
All major components check 100% after thorough testing ( eg. Memory & Memtest86 ):
System clean of viruses / spyware etc: Clean Install
Other things tried:  Valium – for frustration

Cheerz for any help offered

autotech

Re: Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H A75 Socket FM1 Dual Monitor
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 03:32:25 am »
First if you want to run dual monitors i suggest a video card investment. There are many cheap cards that will do it but i would go with something mid range.

The AMD A75/A55 series platform showcases AMD Dual Graphics technology, allowing users to further boost 3D graphics performance by adding an additional discrete AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 series graphics card* to the system. This unique Dual Graphics technology means users can enjoy higher frame rates on the latest gaming titles, utilizing the processing power of both discrete and integrated graphics processors

As that says for dual monitors you need a discreet video card also.

Problem 2 if the usb drive is formatted right it will see it on start up with the right bios settings.
If you are talking keyboard and mouse plug the keyboard into the ps2 port and the mouse into the usb slot next to it, that is usually the proper way. If you use mouse and keyboard and USB on both thats trickier and may not work unless you tinker in bios alot with the usb setting but others have had problems doing it that way i got around it buy using a ps2 keyboard with my laser mouse as a usb keyboard doesnt really have any advantages over ps2 keyboard.

Hope this helps.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA