Official GIGABYTE Forum

Troubleshooting GA-X58A-UD5

Troubleshooting GA-X58A-UD5
« on: October 24, 2012, 05:19:14 pm »
Hey guys!

I was hoping I could ask you for some help on this problem I recently came across with my first pc build.
First of all, the problem: I built the pc 2 years ago and used it for mixing audio for 1 year. After that I studied
abroad the last year and only took my laptop with me. Hooked everything up last night and booted the pc.
Gigabyte screen pops up, normal Win7 boot-up follows but the boot up doesn't get completed and then the
screen is turned off as if the pc is put in 'Sleep' mode. No idea how else to describe the problem...

The gear:
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5
- Processor: Core i7 950
- Graphics card: Asus VGA AMD Radeon PCIE 2.0 HD 4350 512MB
- RAM: 2 x 4 gB Kingston KVR1066D3N7 installed (other set: 3 x 2 gB OCZ 3P1866LV6GK)
- Power supply: Corsair CMPSU-750HXEU
- Case: CoolerMaster MidiTower Sileo

Shot a little video showing the boot up process (lights blinking, led screen showing numbers,...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQGt8dzJCQ8

Any help would be much appreciated! If you could point me to some troubleshooting guides for Gigabyte motherboards or anything
similar would be grand as well. Thanks in advance!

snofte

Re: Troubleshooting GA-X58A-UD5
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 07:48:25 am »
Hardwareproblem  or windows problem?  Does the "sleep" symptom  occur when windows has taken control or not ?
Why not try to boot from a cd and run some tests. Theultimatebootcd or Hirens boot cd, or whatever.
Or maybe boot from a win7-cd if you have it ?