Official GIGABYTE Forum

Extra USB headers not funcitonal UD5H? Win 8 problem?

Extra USB headers not funcitonal UD5H? Win 8 problem?
« on: November 17, 2012, 12:15:44 am »
Greetings all, I just got my rig set up w/ a UD5H + i5 3450 within the last 2 days.

Everything seems functional except I can't get at least 1 of the on-board USB 3.0 headers to function.  I have a case that comes w/ a front mount 2 USB3 jacks in addition to the thingy that came w/ the mobo.  So that would give me 4 jacks on the front which is what i was going for.

Unfortunately, the 2 jacks that come w/ the case don't seem to be functional after plugging them into one of the headers. My ASSUMPTION is the problem revolves around the fact that I upgraded to Win8 at the same time I got my new rig set up (it was $30 cheaper than win 7).  As such, the driver disk that comes w/ the mobo won't function, not real surprising, new OS's are full of junk like that. 

Being as I can't use the driver install disk, I think the problem is probably caused by the fact that I don't have the right drivers for the USB to function w/ the extra slots.  HOWEVER I can't find anyone else discussing the problem, so I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone had any ideas.

ysw

Re: Extra USB headers not funcitonal UD5H? Win 8 problem?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 02:12:42 am »
if your back panel usb3.0 (below Lan port) can works, there is nothing with usb3.0 driver. you may check with your case's usb 3.0 pin definition if it matches the usb3.0 header (you can check it in user's manual)