Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77 UPH Boot Up Times and SATA 2/3

fecket

Z77 UPH Boot Up Times and SATA 2/3
« on: February 25, 2013, 06:33:14 pm »
Installed the motherboard a couple of weeks ago and booted first time, and comparable with the Asus P7P68 it replaced.  However, it now comes up as quick as the ASUS to the login screen, but after entering password, takes about 30 seconds to move on, then 3 or 4 seconds of black screen, and into Win 7 64.  I have read previous posts where the Wifi card was slowing it down, so removed that and all drivers, also took out SB XFi card and extension, and again deleted all drivers, no change.  I have just removed all unneccessary startup programs (although OS and programmes were alli installed on ASUS) and again no difference.

The other problem, which may be linked is all SATA drives are currently showin 3Gb even though I have two plugged in to the two 6Gb slots.  I am booting from a mSATA 240g drive on the motherboard, which I assume is 3Gb as it removes slot 5 from the 3Gb ports when in use.

Anybody else having slow boot problems either with or without mSATA?

Regards

ysw

Re: Z77 UPH Boot Up Times and SATA 2/3
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 02:14:49 am »
what's ur m/b  model? have u updated to latest bios?
after entering password, takes about 30 seconds to move on, then 3 or 4 seconds of black screen -->if not need to enter password, does it also take 30 secs to get into win7?

fecket

Re: Z77 UPH Boot Up Times and SATA 2/3
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 05:47:25 pm »
MB is the Z77 UP5TH, and it has F12e installed which is showing as latest on the support forum.  I know some people had issues with the WiFi card initially, and when removing it it went straight to boot up in seconds. I haven't tried it without the password option as password is set, but as it has always had the pwd set even when booting in a few seconds I don't think it's ;log on related?

TVM