Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte H55M-UD2H Rev 1.3 F11 with Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory

I'm running (or trying to) a Gigabyte H55M-UDH with 4x 4G Kingston memory modules KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX which are in the gigabyte approved list.

I'm looking in to just getting this up and running at the moment but I'm not having much success. I've been advised about settings in the BIOS and have tried multiple combinations but got nowhere.

Booting in to a USB memtest, the memory test runs for a few seconds before locking up with black character blocks on the screen. 

I appreciate that optimising the BIOS setup is likely to be complicated but is there a quick and easy way just to get the memory working at basic speed? Initially I bought corsair memory for an H55M-2SH and had this problem, swapped the memory and had this problem, changed the motherboard and had this problem, changed the memory in the new motherboard and had this problem so clearly I'm doing something fundamentally wrong.

I've set everything to Auto in the BIOS as well as as suggested by the shop I bought the memory from. I've defaulted the BIOS etc.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated by this so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks